Kevin N.
Kevin N., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  CCENT, CompTIA Network+ / Security+ / A+

What is the term for the technology of using the Internet to

What is the term for the technology of using the Internet to take the place of the standard telephone service? (Points: 5)
Audio-conferencing
Data-conferencing
Phone Phreaking
Voice over IP

2. Which type of data communication system is composed of a group of devices in close proximity? (Points: 5)
CAN
LAN
MAN
WAN

3. What type of network shares the processing and storage between the centralized server and the individual PCs? (Points: 5)
Application server
Client/server
File server
Peer-to-peer

4. What type of network is a collection of devices that equally share the processing and storage without having a centralized server? (Points: 5)
Client/server
File server
Peer-to-peer
Web-based

5. Which type of network configuration uses a central hub with each device connected only to that hub? (Points: 5)
Bus
Mesh
Ring
Star

6. In which type of network configuration is each device connected to exactly two other devices? (Points: 5)
Bus
Mesh
Ring
Star

7. Which of the following connection devices is composed of eight wires in a bundle? (Points: 5)
Coaxial cable
Fiber optics
Twisted-pair
Wireless

8. Which of the following connection methodologies uses either infrared or radio signals to transmit data? (Points: 5)
Coaxial cable
Fiber optics
Twisted-pair
Wireless

9. Which of the following connection methodologies is NOT affected by electromagnetic interference? (Points: 5)
Coaxial cable
Fiber optics
Twisted-pair
Wireless

10. Which of the following devices is used to connect two or more networks together, sending traffic only to the network to which it is addressed? (Points: 5)
Bridge
Hub
Router
Switch

11. Which set of rules defines the way data is transmitted over the Internet? (Points: 5)
IPX/SPX
NetBIOS/NetBEUI
TCP/IP
VDX/RDX

12. Which of the following has the greatest bandwidth? (Points: 5)
BRI
ISDN
T1
T3

13. Which modem uses the same medium used to transmit video signals? (Points: 5)
ADSL
BRI
Cable
DIGITAL

14. Which is the fastest wireless standard? (Points: 5)
802.11b
802.11G
WAP
WI-PRO

15. How fast can a telephone modem transmit data? (Points: 5)
1 Mbps
32 Bps
56 Kbps
128 Mbps

16. What encryption method can you use to secure a wireless network? (Points: 5)
Automated port blocking
Encrypted Wireless Transmission
Roaming Prevention Protocol
Wire Equivalent Privacy

17. What hardware device do you need to share a high-speed Internet connection among several computers in a single location? (Points: 5)
Hub/Router
Splitter
Transceiver
Winsock

18. A private network that is accessible only to employees of the company that created it is called: (Points: 5)
a business-net.
an extranet.
an intranet.
the Internet.

19. A private network, created by a company and available to its employees and trusted users outside the company is called: (Points: 5)
a business-net.
an extranet.
an intranet.
the Internet.

20. How can you tell if a Web site is using secure technology to protect your information? (Points: 5)
They tell you so on the Web page.
The URL starts with https://.
The URL contains the acronym SSL for Secure Socket Layer.
A small dollar sign appears on the location bar indicating a secure transaction
Category: Computer
Expert:  Kevin N. replied 3 years ago.

What is the term for the technology of using the Internet to take the place of the standard telephone service?

Voice over IP 2.

Which type of data communication system is composed of a group of devices in close proximity?

LAN

What type of network shares the processing and storage between the centralized server and the individual PCs?

client/server

What type of network is a collection of devices that equally share the processing and storage without having a centralized server?

Peer-to-peer

5. Which type of network configuration uses a central hub with each device connected only to that hub?

Star

6. In which type of network configuration is each device connected to exactly two other devices?

Bus

7. Which of the following connection devices is composed of eight wires in a bundle?

Twisted-pair

8. Which of the following connection methodologies uses either infrared or radio signals to transmit data?

Fiber optics

9. Which of the following connection methodologies is NOT affected by electromagnetic interference?

Fiber optics

10. Which of the following devices is used to connect two or more networks together, sending traffic only to the network to which it is addressed?

Router

11. Which set of rules defines the way data is transmitted over the Internet?

TCP/IP

12. Which of the following has the greatest bandwidth?

T3

13. Which modem uses the same medium used to transmit video signals?

Cable

14. Which is the fastest wireless standard?

802.11G

15. How fast can a telephone modem transmit data?

128 Mbps

16. What encryption method can you use to secure a wireless network?

Wire Equivalent Privacy

17. What hardware device do you need to share a high-speed Internet connection among several computers in a single location?

Hub/Router

18. A private network that is accessible only to employees of the company that created it is called:

an intranet

19. A private network, created by a company and available to its employees and trusted users outside the company is called:

an extranet

20. How can you tell if a Web site is using secure technology to protect your information?

The URL starts with https://

Optional Information:
Model : computer

Already Tried:
can help me one hour thank you so much

Please dont forget to click ACCEPT button, and a positive feedback would be much appreciated!

Kevin

Edited by Kevin N. on 8/15/2010 at 1:56 AM EST
Kevin N., Computer Support Specialist
Experience: CCENT, CompTIA Network+ / Security+ / A+