bineesh
bineesh, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MCSE and MCP Certified Engineer

how do i change the delivery pst on outlook 2010

Customer Question

Category: Computer
Expert:  bineesh replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for using Just Answer..

Please follow the steps to change mail delivery in to the PST..

1. Open Outlook 2010.
  2. Click the File tab on the Ribbon, and then click the Info tab on the menu.
  3. Click the Accounts Settings tab, and then click Account Settings again.
  4. On the Data Files tab, click Add.
  5. Under Save as type, select Outlook Data File (*.pst).
  6. Find the new location for your .pst file, and then click OK.
  7. Select the .pst file, and then click Set as Default.
  8. If this is your default e-mail delivery location, you will receive the following message:
    You have changed the default deliver location for your e-mail. This will change the location of your Inbox, Calendar, and other folders. These changes will take effect the next time you start Outlook.
  9. Click OK.
  10. Click the .pst file that was identified in step 4 in the "How to Identify the Name and Location of Your Personal Folder File" section, and then click Remove to remove the local .pst file from your profile.
  11. Click Yes, click Close, and then click OK to close all dialog boxes.
  12. On the File menu, click Exit.
  13. Restart Outlook.
If the .pst is your default delivery location, you will receive the following message:
The location that messages are delivered to has changed for this user profile. To complete this operation, you may need to copy the contents of the old Outlook folders to the new Outlook folders. For information about how to complete the change of your mail delivery location, see Microsoft Outlook Help. Some of the shortcuts on the Outlook Bar may no longer work. Do you want Outlook to recreate your shortcuts? All shortcuts you have created will be removed.
Click Yes to have Outlook update the Outlook Bar shortcuts so that they point to your new .pst file location, or click No to leave the shortcuts for your original local .pst file.

Let me know is this information helpful for you..

Expert:  bineesh replied 3 years ago.
Also check this

LINK

It may helpful for you...
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I don want to created a new PST I want to change an existing account with it's on PST to deliver to the outlook pst. I dont see the outlook.pst where is it
Expert:  bineesh replied 3 years ago.
have you configured the outlook with the E-mail ID ..

Able to recive the mails ..

Or do you have already one PST .that you need make delivery of new mails in to that..

Let me know ..
Expert:  bineesh replied 3 years ago.
Keep me posted here..

I can help you on this..
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have two accounts both pop. The are both functioning properly. There are two existing pst files oulook the orginal default oulook.pst and a second gmail.pst under my docs. I want to have the gmail.pst delivered to the existing outlook.pst where ever that is located
Thank yoi bineesh
Expert:  bineesh replied 3 years ago.
  1. Open Outlook 2010.
  4. On the Data Files tab, click Add.
  5. there show the path gmail.pst and then click OK.
  6. Select the gmail.pst file, and then click Set as Default.
Close and reopen the outlook..

try and let me know is this only you are looking for ...keep me posted..

happy to assist you..

Edited by bineesh on 8/9/2010 at 3:43 PM EST
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
That does work I still end ou with two inboxes
Expert:  bineesh replied 3 years ago.
Ok ...

1. Open Outlook 2010.
  4. Click on other PST ..select remove ..

Close and reopen outlook ...

And let me know...