RussellA
RussellA, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  20 Years of Experience, 14 Years in Corporate America, 2010 Engineering Excellence Award.
46950319

My Sony MHC-GX450 has power to it, but it wont turn &#

Customer Question

My Sony MHC-GX450 has power to it, but it won't turn on.
Category: Computer
Expert:  RussellA replied 4 years ago.
  • Is it BLINKING RED on the POWER button?
  • The outlet (plug or socket) connected to the wall securely?
  • Does anything else work from that outlet (plug or socket)?
  • What was done last before it stopped working?
The more information you provide the better I will be able to help you answer your question.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The power butoon is not blinking, it's a constant red.

The outlet is securely connected and other things work fine using it.

It' has been boxed up for the past 6 months because I moved, but it was kept inside and wasn't damaged in any way. It looks perfectly fine and the remote won't turn it on either.

Expert:  RussellA replied 4 years ago.
Have you checked the fuse?
Expert:  RussellA replied 4 years ago.
Does the system have a voltage selector? Is the selector set to the correct setting?
Expert:  RussellA replied 4 years ago.
And finally you can try this:

graphic
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
My system doesn't have a voltage selector. I took the cover off and it's impossible for me to try and relace the internal thermal fuse if it is that. The reset didn't do anything. I may need to take it to a Sony dealer.
Expert:  RussellA replied 4 years ago.
I wanted to suggest that next, but did not want to discourage you, and wanted to try to at least to a RESET first prior to calling that shot.

Good Luck,

Russ
Expert:  RussellA replied 4 years ago.

I am following up to see if you are still in need of my assistance, if you have no further questions, please mark this post as ANSWERED, and leave me some POSITIVE FEEDBACK!

Best of everything,

Russ