RPI Solutions
RPI Solutions, Support Specialist
Experience:  5+ Years in IT, BS in Computer Science
14124282

Canon Pixma MP500 massage The type of print head is incorrect

Customer Question

Canon Pixma MP500 massage The type of print head is incorrect , install the correct print head.
I haven't changed anything. Printer won't print.
Category: Computer
Expert:  RPI Solutions replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Robert Preston :

Hello

Robert Preston :

Most likely this is a print head issue. The print head is what the cartridges sit in inside of the printer. To attempt to resolve it, do the following:

(1) Open the printer and wait for the carriage to slide over. If for some reason it does not follow these instructions:
(a) Unplug the printer
(b) Manually slide the carriage over until you can get the ink cartridges out.
(2) Remove the ink cartridges from the print head.
(3) Use cotton swabs dipped in hot water or a mix of hot water and isopropyl alcohol to thoroughly clean the print head.
(4) Repeat this until there is no ink residue coming off on the cotton swab.
(5) Once finished, allow to dry and replace the cartridges
(6) Try to print something now

If that does not work then you have one of two possibilities:
(1) One of the ink cartridges is defective and causing the error
(2) If it's definitely not that, then the print head will need to be replaced.

If that does not work then the print head will need to be replaced. This is a common problem with Kodak printers. You can call Kodak at 1-800-421-6699 and they will replace the print head for free.

Thanks and please click the green ACCEPT button after reviewing my answer.

Thanks,
Rob

Customer:

DID NOT WORK

Robert Preston :

Then the printhead will have to be replaced.

Robert Preston :

You can purchase a new one here:

Robert Preston :

Click Here

Robert Preston :

Thanks and please click the green ACCEPT button before you go.