Charles A. Roberts
Charles A. Roberts, PC Tech
Experience:  2 year degree from ITT Technical Institute.
46034742

my canon pixma mp250 will not scan. I get error code 2, 155,

Customer Question

my canon pixma mp250 will not scan. I get error code: 2, 155, 2. It says the computer and printer is not connected but it is. I have remove and replace the software numerous times with no luck. Help
Category: Computer
Expert:  Charles A. Roberts replied 4 years ago.
I am sorry you are having problems with the printer. This is going to sound strange but this has worked for many customers with your printer type. I want you to shut down the printer and disable the power running to it (pull the plug). remove the print cartridges both of them and use a q tip and make it a little damp and clean the nozzles of the cartridges. It should fix the issue. Put them back in and power the printer up again and tell me what happens.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I did as you requested and now the printer alarm light is on and ink lights are blinking. What now?
Tell me what happens when you push the on or power button?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I was able to stop the alarm and ink lights, but i am still getting the same error message and the scan does not work.
What is the error message?
Restart the printer and tell me the error message it comes up with. Go ahead and restart it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
2, 155, 2 can not communicate with the scanner
Ok so this is a computer error message not an error message directly on the printer display! Ok This is what we need to do. I need you to remove everything the canon disk installed. Remove it by using the add/remove programs in the control panel. Once that is completed restart the PC. Before you restart the PC please don't forget to unplug the USB cable from the printer. When the computer comes back on run the CD. Keep the printer on during the whole time. The install program should prompt you to plug in the printer when this accures plug the USB cable back into the printer and the install should continue. Let me know what happens.