Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  Computer Science Engineer with 10 years of experience in Computer Support, and Microsoft, A+ and Cisco certified
23822421

cant get my canon d1150 to scan, and cant find where

Customer Question

can't get my canon d1150 to scan, and can't find where to install the email address
Category: Computer
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 6 years ago.
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

Please remember to click ACCEPT if we solve the issue, for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or trial plan with us, and even if you see the holding charge in your credit/debit account I need you to click Accept for the money to be released to me)

Please follow all the steps to scan using Paint:

1- Click Start, All Programs, Accessories
2- Click on Paint to open it
3- Click File, and select "From Scanner or Camera"
4- Make any changes you would like and click "Scan"

If I helped please click the Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort. (*** Even if you have a subscription plan, you need to click the Accept button if the issue is solved for me to be paid, you won't be charged twice ***, don't worry. Thank you!)

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
This is supposed to scan and email directly from the unit not from a computer.
The manual shows how to do it, but it doesn't allow me to input an email address like it shows in the manuel.

Ok, I just want to know if with Paint worked, so we can be sure there is a connectiong between the scanner and the computer

Thank you
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It is a network printer, the scan button is not clickable.

Please follow all the steps below from your computer, to scan using Paint:

2- Click on Paint to open it

(From your computer)

Let me know if it works

Thank you

John Cappucci
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
From Scanner or Camera is not clickable in paint
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I did everything you said
Possible Solution #2:
Check the USB cable's printer end and computer end to check that it is well connected

Possible Solution #3:
Change the USB cable to a different USB port on your computer

Possible Solution #4:
Please uninstall and then reinstall the printer driver following ALL the steps on link below:

Ok, please follow the steps below to uninstall the printer software completely and then re-install it:

1- Unplug your printer from the computer

2- Uninstall the Canon printer software going to Start, Control Panel, Add/Remove programs

3- Download "windows install cleanup" tool. Go to
http://wikisend.com/download/560820 and click on "Download file" to download and install this tool

4- Remove any Canon printer application using this tool. (if you find any)

5- Restart the computer.

6- Download the newest driver here:
http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/copiers_fax/multifunction_copiers/imageclass_d1150#DriversAndSoftware

And click the red triangle next to "Select OS". Then scroll down the drop-down list and select "Windows XP"

Click "D1170_1150_1120_MFDrivers_Win_x32_us_EN-7.exe"

Click I Agree

Select OPEN or RUN when prompted

7- After the new driver is installed please restart your computer (BUT PLEASE BOOKMARK (favorite) THIS PAGE SO YOU CAN COME BACK WITH ME AFTER THE RESTART)

8- Turn on your printer and plug in the USB cable to another available USB port in your computer

If I helped please remember to click the ACCEPT button, for me to be paid

A- If you have a subscription or trial membership:
Even if you have a subscription or trial plan with us you will need to click Accept so justanswer can pay me.

B- If you don't have any subscription or trial:
Even if you see the holding charge in your credit/debit account I need you to click Accept for the money to be released to me. You WON'T be charged twice.

Thank you

John Cappucci
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
This did not work. I am trying to scan from the canon d1150 and email it from there. The manual says I can do it, but it doesn't prompt me to enter the email address. The manual I have is for 5 different models, and it is asking me to press a button that doesn't excist on my machine.