Engineer John C., Computer Science Engineer
Experience:  Computer Science Engineer with 10 years of experience in Computer Service and CompTIA A+ CERTIFIED.

cant get my canon d1150 to scan, and cant find where

Customer Question

can't get my canon d1150 to scan, and can't find where to install the email address
Category: Computer
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

Please remember to click ACCEPT if we solve the issue, for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or trial plan with us, and even if you see the holding charge in your credit/debit account I need you to click Accept for the money to be released to me)

Please follow all the steps to scan using Paint:

1- Click Start, All Programs, Accessories
2- Click on Paint to open it
3- Click File, and select "From Scanner or Camera"
4- Make any changes you would like and click "Scan"

If I helped please click the Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort. (*** Even if you have a subscription plan, you need to click the Accept button if the issue is solved for me to be paid, you won't be charged twice ***, don't worry. Thank you!)

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
This is supposed to scan and email directly from the unit not from a computer.
The manual shows how to do it, but it doesn't allow me to input an email address like it shows in the manuel.

Ok, I just want to know if with Paint worked, so we can be sure there is a connectiong between the scanner and the computer

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It is a network printer, the scan button is not clickable.

Please follow all the steps below from your computer, to scan using Paint:

2- Click on Paint to open it

(From your computer)

Let me know if it works

Thank you

John Cappucci
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
From Scanner or Camera is not clickable in paint
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I did everything you said
Possible Solution #2:
Check the USB cable's printer end and computer end to check that it is well connected

Possible Solution #3:
Change the USB cable to a different USB port on your computer

Possible Solution #4:
Please uninstall and then reinstall the printer driver following ALL the steps on link below:

Ok, please follow the steps below to uninstall the printer software completely and then re-install it:

1- Unplug your printer from the computer

2- Uninstall the Canon printer software going to Start, Control Panel, Add/Remove programs

3- Download "windows install cleanup" tool. Go to
http://wikisend.com/download/560820 and click on "Download file" to download and install this tool

4- Remove any Canon printer application using this tool. (if you find any)

5- Restart the computer.

6- Download the newest driver here:
http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/copiers_fax/multifunction_copiers/imageclass_d1150#DriversAndSoftware

And click the red triangle next to "Select OS". Then scroll down the drop-down list and select "Windows XP"

Click "D1170_1150_1120_MFDrivers_Win_x32_us_EN-7.exe"

Click I Agree

Select OPEN or RUN when prompted

7- After the new driver is installed please restart your computer (BUT PLEASE BOOKMARK (favorite) THIS PAGE SO YOU CAN COME BACK WITH ME AFTER THE RESTART)

8- Turn on your printer and plug in the USB cable to another available USB port in your computer

If I helped please remember to click the ACCEPT button, for me to be paid

A- If you have a subscription or trial membership:
Even if you have a subscription or trial plan with us you will need to click Accept so justanswer can pay me.

B- If you don't have any subscription or trial:
Even if you see the holding charge in your credit/debit account I need you to click Accept for the money to be released to me. You WON'T be charged twice.

Thank you

John Cappucci
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
This did not work. I am trying to scan from the canon d1150 and email it from there. The manual says I can do it, but it doesn't prompt me to enter the email address. The manual I have is for 5 different models, and it is asking me to press a button that doesn't excist on my machine.