Frederick S., Computer Specialist
Experience:  Computer technician and founder of a home PC repair company.

why is my aol password not working

why is my aol password not working
Category: Computer
Expert:  Frederick S. replied 6 years ago.
Hi - thanks for submitting your question to JustAnswer. I will be the expert assisting you today.

It is possible that a malicious site was able to get your password XXXXX faking a login page that you inadvertently signed in on and changed your password.

Have you tried to go through the Forgot password XXXXX on the sign-in pages of That web page is accessible here:

If this link works for you, let me know. If not, we will continue to work on this issue. Thanks!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
trying the aol you gave me did not work
What did not work? Can you please be more specific? Then I will know what to suggest next - thanks.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i tried to go to aol reset and still did not work
So you were able to successfully complete the AOL reset process but once you changed your password XXXXX did not work?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
OK - thanks for that information. Are you a paying subscriber or a free AOL user?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
free aol
OK - unfortunately, since you are not a paid subscriber, your options for resetting your password XXXXX limited.

You will need to try to recover it using the steps outlined above later on. It is also possible that AOL is experiencing problems with their reset tool... I've seen this on some sites where I had successfully changed my password XXXXX then once I tried to log in, it said "Nope! Not right..." even though I had just changed it. So give it some time, at least 2-4 hours, and then try the reset process again. If it's successful, wait another 12 hours, then try to log in with that password. It should work. Thanks for your question.