RPI Solutions
RPI Solutions, Support Specialist
Experience:  5+ Years in IT, BS in Computer Science
14124282

error message Exception EOleSys Error in module ACER(N~1.scr

error message
Exception EOleSys Error in module ACER(N~1.scr at 0004C6BD. Class not registered.
Why is this happening and what is the cure please?
Category: Computer
Expert:  RPI Solutions replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Robert Preston :

When do you receive this message?

Customer:

It pops up at no particular time whilst the computer is running. I can close the box with no effect and no errors seem to find their way into my work at the time. This could be in Word or Excel or Firefox or Family Tree Maker

Robert Preston :

Ok try this

Robert Preston :

Go to the Start Menu

Robert Preston :

type msconfig and press Enter

Robert Preston :

Go to the Startup tab

Robert Preston :

Click Disable all

Robert Preston :

then Apply

Robert Preston :

then OK

Robert Preston :

Restart the computer

Robert Preston :

It should go away

Customer:

Hi

Customer:

I have now been able to try your suggestion and the message still occurs. Where to next please?

Robert Preston :

Actually I just looked again and this is the Screensaver. So go to the Start Menu, then Control Panel, then Appearance and Personalization

Robert Preston :

Under Appearance, click Change Screen Saver

Robert Preston :

either set it to None or to one of the Windows default ones

Robert Preston :

Then the message will go away.

Customer:

Thanks have opted for winndows bubbles. I await non appearance of error message. I will ACCEPT your advice if the error message does not reappear by Monday 9 August 2010. is that OK with you?

Robert Preston :

Sure

Robert Preston :

Seems like a bit of a long time, because .scr is a screensaver, so that causes the issue, so you should be able to let the computer sit idle for the screensaver and then know it's working.

RPI Solutions, Support Specialist
Experience: 5+ Years in IT, BS in Computer Science