Todd, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Associates Degree in ITS Experience with Win XP, Win Vista, Win 7, and most Mac OS

lost bios password for acer aspire AoA150 ZG5

Customer Question

Category: Computer
Expert:  Todd replied 6 years ago.

Hello and Thank you for using Just Answer. I hope I can be of assistance to you today.

Can you restart the computer and enter the BIOS before the password XXXXX shows up?

As soon as you start the computer start pressing either F2 or F12. You will have only a short amount of time to get the key stroke in but you should be able to with patience.

If you can enter the BIOS you can scroll to the security tab and choose to override the BIOS Password XXXXX enter your computer.

You can try the cmospassword XXXXX:

3rd option is to:

Open up the computer, if you are comfortable doing this.

Remove the CMOS battery, looks like a watch battery.

Let the computer sit for about a day or so to drain the power and then put the battery back in and start the computer up. This will reset the passwords and you should have access, this works on the majority of computers.

Let me know if this helps