Justin
Justin, Network Administrator/Not Limited
Experience:  Network Specialist Degree, A+/Net+ Certs, 10 years Contract IT/Network Administration
2888018

dell inspiron 1545 does not boot and 2 consecutive beeps.

dell inspiron 1545 does not boot and 2 consecutive beeps. Removed and replaced both ram and HD. No difference.

F12 does not go to any screen
Could you please confirm that its ONLY 2 beeps. Post codes start the second the machine turns on.

Also, please power down the laptop, pull the battery, and unplug it from the wall. Hold the power button down for about 20-30 seconds.

Then plug it back into the wall without the battery. Power back on, let me know if there are any changes. I have the post code list in front of me but none that I see are only two beeps. I'll continue looking.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No change in the computer. Screen is still black. You can hear the HD ramp up but then it slows down. Computer goes Beep...Beep
If its just 2 beeps, it should be a memory error. Have you tried pulling out one chip, and leaving one in, power down completely, unplug it (and battery). Turn it on. Then do the same steps, but with the second chip (if there is one).
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX need new memory. Dell's website never suggested this. I will use your site again if I have a problem.
Great, please accept that as my answer. If you felt my services were useful please click accept. Positive feedback and bonuses are appreciated but not required.

I will leave this open should you like to add anything else.

Thank you!