Renju
Renju, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  I have more than 5 years of experience in computer industry
34784004

what is the syntax for Root folder path in MSOutlook, please

what is the syntax for 'Root folder path' in MSOutlook, please?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Renju replied 4 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.
By the way, it would help us to know:

-Why do you want to know the root folder path in MS Outlook ?
Did you get any errors regarding the root folder ?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am setting up Outlook to collect emails using IMAP from a remote server. The default seems to be that the subfolders are under Inbox in the hierarchy. I think the root folder should be Mail, not Inbox.
Expert:  Renju replied 4 years ago.
Ok.
Were you successfully able to send and receive your mails from the mailbox after setting up the account ?

Your root folder should be your email address and all the sub folders including Inbox coming under it.
So, now, you are having your Sent Items, Trash, Drats folder inside your inbox ?Am I correct ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, I can operate the account perfectly through webmail and I can send and receive messages using Outlook. But, in Outlook, the sent items etc are, as you say, in the Inbox. Also, in Outlook, when I delete an email it just gets a line through it and when I send an email it shows in the Inbox
Expert:  Renju replied 4 years ago.
Ok.
This is most probably a case of corrupted PST file.
You may have to backup your PST file and then delete them from the Outlook folder and then let Outlook create new folders by opening Outlook and click Send & Receive.

To help locate your PST files, tell me your Outlook version and the operating system installed on your computer ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It is Outlook 2003 and XP Pro
Expert:  Renju replied 4 years ago.
Ok.Thanks.
Your Outlook PST files are under this folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\<Username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

By default these folders are hidden, so to view this you have to enable Show hidden files and folders
(to do this, Open My Computer, click Tools -> folder Options -> View tab and select "Show hidden files and folders")

Post me after locating the Outlook PST file.

Edited by Renju on 7/21/2010 at 11:50 AM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
OK Ive got to go now, but I think I can take it from here
Expert:  Renju replied 4 years ago.
Sure.
Do let me know if you have any problems or need any assistance in this matter.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Where do I press ACCEPT ???
Expert:  Renju replied 4 years ago.
Ok.
If you are willing to pay me for the advices so far, you may accept this answer, so that the fund is released to me.

Do let me know if you are having problems with this.
We shall continue the session.

Save this URL:
http://www.justanswer.com/questions/3ryxk-what-is-the-syntax-for-root-folder-path-in-msoutlook-please

Thanks Once again for contacting JustAnswer.
Good Luck to you.

Regards,
Renju.

Edited by Renju on 7/21/2010 at 12:09 PM EST
Renju, Computer Software Engineer
Experience: I have more than 5 years of experience in computer industry