James R
James R, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  12 years of professional computer experience in a long list of disciplines. I've done it all
31455638

My Kindle wont connect to Wireless. I have tried restarting

My Kindle won't connect to Wireless. I have tried restarting it according to the instructions on a number of occasions but it hasn't worked. I have now lost my archived items.

Please help,

Jan.bee
Hi, has this problem just started? Were you able to connect in the past? If so, were you connecting to the same wireless router that you are trying to connect to now?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
When I am not shopping I usually have wireless turned off. I only tried to turn it on 2 days ago because I want to purchase a new book. As I had not bought a book for some weeks, I have only just discovered the problem.
Sorry, scratch the wireless router question, are you trying to connect in an area where you have successfully connected before?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes
Here is a good link listing several possibilities for the cause of your problem. It sounds like you've covered most of them but read through it just to be sure. In particular, check the steps under the "bad hair day" section. If none of these work for you and the issue has been ongoing for several days, your Kindle may have a hardware problem. If it's still under warranty, there are hotline numbers at the bottom of that page. Here is the link: http://www.geekgirls.com/articles/2008/05/kindle-wont-connect-to-the-whispernet/