abhi_iitian, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  B-Tech Topper in CSE from IIT Roorkee, Experience as S/W design Engineer at Microsoft India

Suddenly I cant send or receive email on my Windows Live

Suddenly I can't send or receive email on my Windows Live Mail. I get an error message reading "Unable to send or receive messages for the Shaw Email (beegilbert) account. The host '' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly.
Server: ''
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0D
Protocol: POP3
Port 110
Secure(SSL): No
Socket Error: 11003
Whatever is causing this has also caused other minor problems. For example, although I still have full Internet access through Internet Explorer, none of the Internet shortcuts I have on my desktop will work.
Help, please!
Category: Computer
Expert:  abhi_iitian replied 6 years ago.

If this problem just started happening only few days back we can try to restore your system back to earlier date which should in turn correct the issue.

Please do the following:

1) Click the circle at the bottom left then click on all programs, then click on accessories, then click on system tools then click on "system restore" and the window will open.

View Full Image

In restore point, you can use scan for affected program option to see list of programs which are expected to effect from this restore process.

View Full Image

Click Next, view and confirm restore settings and click Finish, Windows 7 will restore your system from specified restore point.

View Full Image
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I'm afraid System Restore has not been switched on since we got the computer a few months ago, so what you suggest is not possible. You'll have to dig a little deeper.

Please download Shaw support from the link below :

That will give step by steo instructions to check the settings
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
So far I'm disappointed with your routine answers. Your information hasn't really told me anything I don't know already. I expected some analysis of the error code '0x8000CCC0D'. It obviously points to something very specific that is wrong e.g. a corruption of some kind in the registry. Please elaborate.

Right-click on the account in the Folder pane and select Properties. At the
bottom of the Servers tab, tick "My server requires authentication"

0x8000ccc0d is usually associated with it not being able to resolve or reach your listed mail server. I was trying to make sure you have correct server settings.

Also, Please download, install and run, the following utilities, they will only do good to your system and make your system cleaner and spyware free.

Malwarebytes Antimalware