Rita
Rita, Network Administrator
Experience:  Network Administrator for large company, Microsoft certified system builder

my hp printer says there is a paper jam yet there isnt on

my hp printer says there is a paper jam yet there isn't one
Category: Computer
Expert:  Rita replied 4 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What operating system are you using?
-What is the model of your HP printer?
-What have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Windows vista

hp psc 1210 all in one

I cleared paper jam, yet the message still says I have a paper jam.

Expert:  Rita replied 4 years ago.

Ok thank you for the additional information,

I will assist you with getting this issue resolved successfully,

There are several reasons why you may still be receiving this error and will list several steps below to see if we can get this resolved.

try this:

*
Verify that the print cartridge door is closed.
*
The print carriage may be jammed, follow these steps to correct the problem:
1.
Open the print cartridge access door. If the print carriage can move, it should move to center. If the print carriage stays all the way left, unplug the power cord and then plug it back in. This will reset the unit and may allow the print carriage to move from the left.
2.
Disconnect the power cord from the all-in-one.
3.
Remove both print cartridges.
4.
Move the print carriage left and right slightly to verify that the print carriage will move freely. If the print carriage will not move freely, check for obstructions.
5.
Close the print cartridge access door.
6.
Plug the power cord back in.
7.
After the all-in-one initializes, the print cartridge light will flash. Open the access door and install the print cartridges.
8.
Close the print cartridge access door. If the problem returns, remove the print cartridges and wipe the electrical contacts before reinstalling them.
*
If you still receive the paperjam message lets move on to the following steps, .

1.
Turn off the all-in-one and unplug the power cord. With the power off, the paper feed rollers will turn.
2.
Open the rear access door of the all-in-one by pressing in on the left side of the access door and then pulling it toward you.
NOTE: All paper jams must be removed by pulling the paper out the back of the all-in-one using the rear access door. Pulling the paper out the front of the all-in-one rotates the paper feed rollers in the wrong direction and can lead to additional problems.

Inspect the pressure rollers on the rear access door and verify that they are clean and turn freely. Clean the rollers if needed with a soft towel lightly moistened with water.

3.
From the rear access door opening, gently pull the jammed paper free.
4.
Remove the remaining paper from the paper supply tray. Discard any paper that is damaged or crumpled and then re-stack and reload the paper into the paper supply tray.
Do not continue to push the paper in after some resistance is felt. If the paper is pushed in too far, more than one page will feed into the all-in-one at a time.
5.
Reattach the rear access door by inserting the two pins on the right of the door into the holes for them and then pressing in gently but firmly on the left side.

6.
Reconnect the power cord to the unit and turn the unit on and see if the message has cleared

Hope this helps,

Thanks

Rita

Rita, Network Administrator
Experience: Network Administrator for large company, Microsoft certified system builder