R.J. Poirier
R.J. Poirier, Information Systems Specialist
Experience:  A+ , MCTS, MCITP certified with 8 + years hands on experience.
6344629

WMP wont sync new music to Sony Walkman MP3 player.

Customer Question

WMP won't sync new music to Sony Walkman MP3 player.
Category: Computer
Expert:  R.J. Poirier replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for posting your question.

This is the error message you receive from WMP? Correct?

What version of windows are you using ?

Thank you

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Windows 7. Yes, I receive the message from WMP11 when I select the songs that I want to sync and click the "sync" tab. The message says that I cannot sync music "from" my MP3 player to my computer. I don't know why it thinks I want to do that. I have recently started to watch a live feed that comes in through my WMP from an Alaska baseball summer league (my grandson is up there from Louisiana for the summer). The website is http:llfmt01.egihosting.com/22590. Would this have anything to do with the reason I'm having problems? I'm sure I've used the WMP11 to sync music since I started watching the live feed.

If I understand correctly you are trying to sync the live stream from windows media player with your MP3 player.

If that is the case you cannot sync live feeds the only way to sync would be to have a copy of the feed. The error message you receive from WMP is telling you that there are problems connecting/syncing with the server that the live feed is coming from.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I simply want to sync the music that has been downloaded into my WMP11 onto my Sony Walkman MP3 player as I have done many times before. For some reason, either the MP3 player or my WMP11 has been compromised since I used it to sync the last time.
Do you happen to know if your proxy settings in WMP are set to auto?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Protocol proxy servers: HTTP - Autodetect; RISP - Autodetect.

So when you get to this point (as shown below) and you press on sync you receive the error message?

graphic

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
My WMP format looks a little different, for instance, the "sync now" button is on the bottom, but yes, I click on it and the message: Windows Media Player encountered a problem while syncing the file to the device. I can click on "close" or "web help". Web help gives me the Error message C00D1198, which apparently according to the forums, etc., goes back to 2004.

So these are music files located on your machine ? The MP3 player is turned on when you try the sync ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Turned on, plugged into the USB, fully charged, etc. I've called the SONY techs and they say the problem lies with the WMP. I thought I'd try everything I could before going to the WMP tech because the program software is not in warranty and would cost a lot to have them fix it.
I am going to opt out and see if someone else can't help you with this issues. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Okay, thanks.