J Tech
J Tech, Computer Support
Experience:  Owner of X XXXX Computer Repair

HELP! I need to upload a receipt to send to my company for

HELP! I need to upload a receipt to send to my company for a job. I have the Canon MP830 copier, scanner, fax (all in one). My operating system is AOL. I have Windows Vista. I've never sent scanned with this machine - please walk me through the steps. Thank you, Sherry
Category: Computer
Expert:  J Tech replied 6 years ago.
Press On, Off button to turn on machine
Load document on glass or adf
Press scan and go to the save as pdf option
Select the scan method
Press color or black

After you have scanned the receipt to pdf find the file on your computer and insert it as an attachment in your email to your company.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

My company does not want in PDF. They said to upload to my PC and send - not as an attachment. ANyway, nothing happens when I follow your instructions (load document on glass). Note the feed switch light is lit up (green). Does that mean something?

Expert:  J Tech replied 6 years ago.
If you do not want it to be saved as a pdf, use the option to save to pc and it will be saved as a picture which can be inserted into an email. You can use the feed or the glass, you just have to select the appropriate option when scanning.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I figured it out on my own - I didn't realize that we placed the MP Navigator on the desktop - so easy and convenient - DUH! Thanks for your suggestions. I guess your advice was helpful.