Matthew J
Matthew J, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  12+ years computer diagnostics/repair, software & hardware, peripherals

1. Assignment Work Group Scenarios Read Exercise 8 Creating

1. Assignment: Work Group Scenarios

• Read Exercise 8: Creating Users on pp. 428–429 of the text.

• Explain how you would create the users for the sales organization unit and how you can set up work groups in this particular situation. Keep in mind that you may have to name certain applications and allowable tasks for each individual or job role.

• Post your assignment as a Microsoft® Word attachment.

• Due Day 7

Exercise 8: Creating Users
1. To create a user in the ACMExx.COM domain, right-click the ACMExx.COM domain, select
New option, and select User. In the New Object–User dialog box input your first name, middle
initial, and last name. For your User Logon Name, use your first initial, middle initial, and
last name without spaces. Therefore, if your name isXXXXX your login name would
be PGRogers. Click on the Next button.
2. Enter the password XXXXX PW (uppercase) and enable the Password XXXXX change password XXXXX next
logon option. Click on the Finish button.
3. After your account has been created, right-click on your account and select the Properties option.
Input your description as domain administrator and your office as the server room. Input
your telephone number, email address, and web page URL if you have one. Click on the Address
tab and type in your address. Click on the Telephones tab and input your phone numbers.
Click on the Organization tab and input administrator for the Title, IT for the Department, and
Acme Corporation for the Company. Click on the OK button.
4. Create the following users in the appropriate organizational unit.
5. Right-click on the SALES organizational unit, select the New option, and select the Computer
option. Enter computer1 for the name. Click on the OK button.
6. Right-click each of these users and input their appropriate departments.

First Name/ Middle Initial/ Last Name/ User Logon Name/ Title Departmen/ Organizational

Charles L Gee CLGeeX Sales Manager Sales Sales
Frank J Biggs FJBiggsX Sales Rep. Sales Sales
Herold W Jones HWJonesX Sales Rep. Sales Sales
Paul L Ray PLRayX Sales Rep. Sales Sales
Juan O Hermes JOHermesX Sales Rep. Sales Sales
Jill K Knight JKKnightX Sales Admin. Asst. Sales Sales
Jean A Mao JAMaoX Training Manager Education Education
Edward J Morell EJMorellX Trainer Education Education
Donna L Starr DLStarrX Manufact. Manager Manufacturing Manufacturing
Eric O Skow EOSkowX Manufact. Technician Manufacturing Manufacturing
Victor N Sloan VNSloanX Manufact. Technician Manufacturing Manufacturing
Sonny K Wong SKWongX Research Engineer Manufacturing Research
Gina J Smith GJSmithX Research Engineer Manufacturing Research
Category: Computer
Expert:  Matthew J replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Matthew J :

HI there, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am happy to assist you today. I see your rather lengthy post, however I'm not quite sure what assistance you are needing. Are you just wanting someone to look over your answer to verify it is correct?

Customer :

no i actually dont understand how to do it. this is the assignment.

Customer :

1. Assignment: Work Group Scenarios • Read Exercise 8: Creating Users on pp. 428–429 of the text. • Explain how you would create the users for the sales organization unit and how you can set up work groups in this particular situation. Keep in mind that you may have to name certain applications and allowable tasks for each individual or job role. • Post your assignment as a Microsoft® Word attachment. • Due Day 7

Customer :

i can attach the info in from the text book if you need

Customer :

thats the exercise info we are to use

Matthew J :

Is there a requirement for length on the answer?

Customer :

no

Matthew J :

And when do you need this by?

Customer :

midnight tonight central time. is there a way to email or attach the actual exercise page?

Matthew J :

What format is it in?

Matthew J :

And is there any additional information that you haven't already posted?

Customer :

adobe and there is no more info to add

Matthew J :

I can have this done for you today...what version of Windows Server/Active Directory is this based on?

Customer :

not sure it doesnt say but this is the hint our instructor gave us

Customer :

this is a hint my instructor wrote:
• Hint: You will need to think about what is involved with an accounting firm, then answer the following;
1. What security model? Managed, like Active Directory - or simple like WorkGroups
2. What will be your File/Print/App architecture? Peer-2-Peer or Client/Server
3. What are the different groups/departments in this organization? Accounting, Executive, marketing, technology, etc..
4. How would you manage the creation of new user accounts in this organization? Using Active Directory to establish security group memberships or manual creation and security.
5. How would you ensure that security is maintained? Would you want a secretary to have the ability to look into the partner's personal network folders?

Matthew J :

That's great information. Have you done any labs in your class with Windows Server?

Matthew J :

Or Active Directory?

Matthew J :

Nevermind, I'll just look at the Excercise 8 info you posted and derive what version is being used.

Matthew J :

Ok, I can do this for you...I'll have it done probably within 2 hours.

Matthew J :

Maybe sooner.

Matthew J :

Will that work?

Customer :

yes sir thank you

Customer :

what do i do from here? Your answer is emailed to me?

Matthew J :

Please check the email you entered when you signed up on JustAnswer...there will be an email sent once I post the answer which will include a link for you to click on to view the answer

Matthew J :

Do you have any other questions?

Customer :

no thank you

Matthew J :

You are welcome! I will close the chat now and get started on this for you.

Expert:  Matthew J replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Ended

If you are still working with your Expert on this question, you can post additional replies and receive additional information on this page.  If you received a satisfactory answer in Chat, you can accept the chat conversation above.
Expert:  Matthew J replied 4 years ago.
I have completed the answer for you. You can download it using the following link:

http://rs171tl.rapidshare.com/cgi-bin/upload.cgi?rsuploadid=161184820973064927

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,
Matthew

If you are satisfied with my answer, please click on the green Accept button to acknowledge that you would like me to be compensated for my work, this transfers the deposit you have already made to me for payment for my answer. Also, if you would take a few moments to leave me feedback that would be great, it helps to build my JustAnswer profile. Bonuses are always appreciated!!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the link will not show anything it says ERROR NO FILE CHOSEN.
Expert:  Matthew J replied 4 years ago.
That's odd...it was working when I put it there, I tested. Looks like RapidShare is having some technical issues. Regardless, I've posted it via another file sharing site. You can download it at the link below.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Q636MD1S

Thanks,
Matthew

Matthew J, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: 12+ years computer diagnostics/repair, software & hardware, peripherals