Brad, Computer Technician
Experience:  20 + years, cert. Win NT, xp, vista Windows 7, Net sec

I cant seem to be able to connect my Tom Tom One to my computer.

I can't seem to be able to connect my Tom Tom One to my computer. I changed from Windows XP to Windows 7. On Windows XP I was able to connect. I'm not able to reach the Tom Tom Home. I don't think my computer recognizes my Tom Tom device. Someone told me that I may need to upgrade drivers - can you help?

Rudy [email protected]
There is a reset button on the tom tom and you need to press that with the tom tom connected to the computer. It should then see the GPS.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I did reset the tom tom while connected to the computer but nothing changed.

IS this a USB connection?

Did you install the software first?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am connected to my computer via USB cable. I didn't have software to install. The way the Tom Tom One works is the Tom Tom HOME is installed on the computer when the GPS is connected to the Computer and a pop-up window appears. I turned off pop-up blocker to make sure I could get it, if it came up. I am going to try to reboot my computer with the GPS still connected. I also was able to check the driver and the page indicated that my driver is current.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
After rebooting my computer - still no change.

What about device manager in control panel administrative tools, does it show anything wrong with any USB ports and does it show the device?

Also Did you try compatibility mode for windows?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I checked the device manager and it show Tom Tom One (v6) as a drive.

How do I check compatibility mode for windows? I did a search on "compatibility mode" but nothing came up.

Also I am concerned that it is showing as a drive in the device manager. PLease uninstall it from the device manager and try hooking it back up again.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I uninstalled the GPS and reinstalled and it went back to showing up under disk drive. I also uninstalled the driver and it reinstalled successfully. How do I check Windows compatibility?
I posted the link to the compatibility info on the last post. Just click on it.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I'm not getting a signal from satellites now althought I was last week when I was trying to get to work. I will take to my car tomorrow and make sure I can still get connectivity. I am going to have to log off - can we continue Monday (away tomorrow) or do I need to go ahead and accept Answer although the problem is not solved? Also since there is not a problem currently on my computer - I can't check/change the compatibility mode. As far as device/driver goes, it looks like they are okay. Since I have not done this before, just let me know how to proceed, i.e., go ahead and accept that the problem still exists or continue working the problem later (Mondy)?

WE can continue dont worry about accepting
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I mistyped in my last response - I meant to say "since the Tom Tom program is not currently on my computer" I can't check on the compatibility mode. I will touch bases with you or someone who works with you - Monday - good nite.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Through further research, I think the problem is that my GPS (Tom Tom ONE) is not supported by Windows 7. It appears that Windows XP, MAC & Vista supports the GPS. Having said this - I consider this issue complete as far as requesting expert assistance.