abhi_iitian
abhi_iitian, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  B-Tech Topper in CSE from IIT Roorkee, Experience as S/W design Engineer at Microsoft India
16530347

watson 392

Customer Question

watson 392
Category: Computer
Expert:  abhi_iitian replied 6 years ago.
Hi there,

What do you mean by watson 392 ? IS this some error code you are talking about ? Please elaborate the exact problem ?

Abhi
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

this was shown by windows troubleshooter

Download and save the Microsoft Office 2007 Service Pack 2 file on the ‘C drive’ from the link below:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=B444BF18-79EA-46C6-8A81-9DB49B4AB6E5&displaylang=en

Extract the downloaded file using the following steps:

Create a new folder in the ‘C drive’ and name it as ‘OfficeSP2’

Click on ‘Start > All Programs > Accessories > Run’

Type the following command in the ‘Run’ window to extract the Office 2007 SP2 file

‘C:\ office2007sp2-kb953195-fullfile-en-us.exe /extract:C:\OfficeSP2’

Note: if the default .exe filename or the path (C:\ office2007sp2-kb953195-fullfile-en-us.exe) is changed for Office 2007 SP 2 while downloading then replace the correct file name along with the path in the extract command mentioned above.

Once the file extraction is complete, open the OfficeSP2 folder in the C drive and double-click on the Setup (.exe) file to install Office 2007 SP 2

Still if the issue persists try the steps given in the link at the bottom:

Note: Ensure to read the disclaimer before working in the registry

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/838687

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi Thank you.

I am unable to proceed at the moment. But will contact you in the morning UK time when i will have tried out your suggestions

R. Peart

Sure, please take your time.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I have just completed your first instruction an d done the download. Accessories/Run Windows cannot find file?

Are you unable to locate run ?

In that case, type the command mentioned at windows start , search box,

you need space before /extract

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi abhi

I have lpcated run ok and typed your command but i still get "windows cannot find 'C:\: ?

There should be no space between C:\OfficeSP2

no space after C:\
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have taken space out beforeoffice at trhe beginning and checked everything. But windows cannot find the file and puts the whole phrase up

‘C:\office2007sp2-kb953195-fullfile-en-us.exe /extract:C:\OfficeSP2’

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi

Where can I see the path you mention as I click download and it operates without my having an action.Sorry if I am a bit thick at understanding what you mean

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

HI,

I have started afresh, and at download stage I choose' save' and not run so I named the folder Officesp2 and completed the download.

Then accessories/run I typed your command and OK'd

Now I get "There is no program associated to perform the requested action. PLEASES INSTALL A PROGRAM, OR IF ONE IS INSTALLED CREATE AN ASSOCIATION IN THE DEFAULT PROGRAMS CONTROL PANEL.

Okay, let us start afresh.

1.

2.

If the download gets saved in some other location, copy the file and paste it in C drive (not in OfficeSP folder)

The file name would be something like office2007sp2-kb953195-fullfile-en-us.exe

3.

What this is saying is extract the file named office2007sp2-kb953195-fullfile-en-us.exe in the folder OfficeSP2

4. Once the file extraction is complete, open the OfficeSP2 folder in the C drive and double-click on the Setup (.exe) file to install Office 2007 SP 2