Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 8 7 Vista XP etc.

I have a Toshiba NB305-N310,and I would like to restore it

Customer Question

I have a Toshiba NB305-N310,and I would like to restore it back to the factory settings,just like the day i bought it .
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 4 years ago.

Please click here for the manual from Toshiba website to restore your laptop to factory settings. See page 49. You should backup your data first, see page 91.

The basic steps to restore are below:

To recover the original factory image using the utilities on your
computer’s internal storage drive:

1 Make sure the computer is turned off.
2 Press and hold the 0 (zero) key on your keyboard while
powering on the computer.
3 A warning screen appears, stating that when the recovery is
executed all data will be deleted and rewritten. Click Yes to
continue.
4 When the Toshiba Recovery Wizard opens and the Selecting a
process screen displays, select Recovery of Factory Default
Software and then click Next.
5 The Recovery of Factory Default Software screen appears.
Select Recover to out-of-box state.
6 Click Next.
A confirmation message displays reminding you that all data
will be lost during the recovery process. Be sure to save your
work to external media before proceeding (see “Backing up
your work” on page 91).
7 Click Next to begin the recovery.
When the process is complete, a message displays indicating
that the internal storage drive has been recovered.
8 Press any key on the keyboard to restart the computer.

If there is issue, there are other methods in the manual.

Thanks,
-Viet
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

its not working

There are other steps on the menu, please check. Also, make sure you press the number 0 key (not the letter O). Thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i dont see any menu,when i turn it on,it goes strait to the toshiba logo no mater if im pressing the zero key or not,how long should i hold the zero key
Hold before turning on for about 1 minute and see what happens. Thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
hold the zero key for one minute before i power on the netbook???
No, hold the zero key, then turn on the laptop about 5 seconds later, and keep holding the 0 zero key for one minute. Thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
nothing.it keeps going to the toshiba screen
Please follow from page 58 to create recovery disks, then use the disks to restore your system. Thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
its a netbook,it doesnt have a cd drive
Those are the only way to reset your computer to factory settings according to Toshiba's manul. You can try to get a USB cd/dvd drive to do it. If that is not possible, then only Toshiba can do it. Please contact them below:

Technical Support in the United States

• Computers:(NNN) NNN-NNNN(toll-free) or(NNN) NNN-NNNN/li>

Thanks,
-Viet

Edited by Viet - Computer Tech on 7/1/2010 at 6:21 PM EST