abhi_iitian
abhi_iitian, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  B-Tech Topper in CSE from IIT Roorkee, Experience as S/W design Engineer at Microsoft India
16530347

Why cant I send emails from my hotmail account

Why can't I send emails from my hotmail account?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

Can you check your emails ?

Thank you

John Cappucci
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, I can check my emails, but when I try to send one I get a response that says - This account is currently blocked from sending messages. If you don't think you've violated the Windows Live Terms of use, please contact customer support.

Customer support is useless and does not reply.

Unfortunately that's the only way, you should contact them again.

Thank you

John Cappucci
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you. They do not seem interested in helping however!
Expert:  abhi_iitian replied 4 years ago.
Hotmail is notorious for being hard to find someone who will answer questions. Be persistent; be assertive (don't get side tracked on other issues, but repeat what you want - your account to be reopened because you do not spam); try using the telephone to contact them.

This problem is because the Windows Live Mail team have blocked the functionality. There may be a reason that they have mistaken that you have violated their TOS. This can be re-enabled only by the windows live team only.

Please goto this link

http://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=5bed0615-bcaf-4151-912e-c9ab87e1fdb5

follow the instructions and raise your request to re-enable the service

Good luck.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Since you were unable to help me, I do not want to pay the $38.00 I was charged.

I have visited the link you sent me numerous times and it is useless.

try changing your password, logout/login, and see if that helps.

It has worked for other people. They were suddenly able to send at that point...

Also,
If you think that your e-mail account has been blocked in error, contact Customer Support and ask to have your e-mail account unblocked:
  1. Go to Windows Live Support.
  2. Under Standard Services, click Windows Live Hotmail.
  3. Type your full name, the e-mail address where you want the reply sent, and the e-mail address of the blocked account.
  4. In the What type of problem do you have? box, select Sign In/Connection.
  5. In the next list, select Unable To Connect.
  6. In the next list, select Other.
  7. In the Be specific when describing your problem box, type:
    • The error message that you received when you tried to send or receive e-mail.
    • Your computer's IP address (Internet Protocol address. A specific address assigned to each computer connected to the Internet, in the form of four numbers separated by dots. For example, 123.45.67.890.) .

View Full Image
    Find your IP address in Windows XP
    1. In the notification area (The area on the taskbar to the right of the taskbar buttons. The notification area displays the time and can also contain shortcuts that provide quick access to programs such as Volume Control and Power Options.) on the taskbar, right-click the connection icon
      Connection
      View Full Image
      , and then click Status.
    2. Click the Support tab, and then, in the Connection status section, locate IP Address.

View Full Image
    Find your IP address in Windows Vista
    1. In the notification area (The area on the taskbar to the right of the taskbar buttons. The notification area displays the time and can also contain shortcuts that provide quick access to programs such as Volume Control and Power Options.) on the taskbar, right-click the network icon
      Network
      View Full Image
      , and then click Network and Sharing Center.
    2. Under your network connection, click View status.
    3. Click Details, and then look next to IPv4 IP Address.

8. Complete the optional fields of the form, and then click Submit.

An agent will respond to your request within 24 hours. The more information that you provide, the more quickly and accurately we can diagnose your problem and provide you with a solution.

abhi_iitian, Computer Software Engineer
Experience: B-Tech Topper in CSE from IIT Roorkee, Experience as S/W design Engineer at Microsoft India