abhi_iitian
abhi_iitian, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  B-Tech Topper in CSE from IIT Roorkee, Experience as S/W design Engineer at Microsoft India
16530347

How Do I Delete Static.ak.fbcdn.net

How Do I Delete Static.ak.fbcdn.net
Submitted: 6 years ago via HelpOwl.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Renju replied 6 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

When do you get this problem with Static.ak.fbcdn.net ?

It is actually a part of the Facebook site.The static.ak.fbcdn.net website is owned by Facebook and is used to serve up parsed data and application-related Ref handles when a user arrives at Facebook.com, so this is not a virus or spyware.

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
wen i want to upload pics, it says upload from static.i can only upload one pic at a time to facebook with this. i used to be able to do them all at once. im a pensioner, n not all that good at understanding all this...
Expert:  Renju replied 6 years ago.
OK.

Which browser are you using to upload photos to facebook ?
Is it Internet Explorer or FireFox ?

Were you able to upload multiple photos to Facebook earlier ? Are you using the same method now also ?

Edited by Renju on 6/30/2010 at 9:49 AM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i used to be able to upload all at once, n i avent changed anything different. as far as im aware it's still the same method, it used to say upload straight to facebook, now it says upload bt static, n i carnt do it.
Expert:  Renju replied 6 years ago.

I understand your problem. But, to make it sure, could you confirm if you are trying to add photos using this way:?

Step 1
Go to www.facebook.com and log on with your Facebook user name and password. Then select the "Photos" link from the left navigation bar.

Step 2
Click the "My Photos" link at the top of the page and then select "Create a Photo Album" under the "My Photos" header on the next page.

Step 3
Add the required album information such as the album name and privacy settings and click "Create Album."

Step 4
Navigate the site. You will be taken to a window where you'll be able to look through the photos on your computer (at left) and select the photos you'd like to upload by clicking on a check box next to the picture and choosing "Upload."

Is this the same way you are following?
If not, can you try this way ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I HAVE TRIED THAT WAY, N IT STILL SAYS UPLOAD FROM STATIC. N IT IS STILL ONLY LETTING ME UPLOAD ONE PIC AT A TIME
Expert:  Renju replied 6 years ago.

Is it Internet Explorer or FireFox ?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
think it's internet explorer. told you im hopeless at this.. sori for being a pain..
Expert:  Renju replied 6 years ago.

Its ok.

Tell me if you are able to get to the Step 4 given in my previous response. ?

Can you identify at which step you are getting lost ?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i get lost wen uploading. i see all my pics. but wen i click onto a pic it goes to upload the one pic, there isnt anything to say upload all. n it's been taking me forever. then the pic goes straight to my wall, carnt make an album, or delete pic untill after. wish i cud just give you my password XXXXX you to sort it for me hahaha
Expert:  Renju replied 6 years ago.

I am afraid that I would not be able to assist you further.

But, I will open this question to other experts here at JustAnswer.
Another expert will join this link and will assist you further in solving your problem.
Expert:  abhi_iitian replied 6 years ago.

The static.ak.fbcdn.net url is just part of facebook (fbcdn = FaceBook Content Delivery Network) so is nothing to worry about. Follow the steps given at :

http://vinodkotiya.blogspot.com/2010/02/solution-for-facebook-staticakfbcdnnet.html
abhi_iitian, Computer Software Engineer
Experience: B-Tech Topper in CSE from IIT Roorkee, Experience as S/W design Engineer at Microsoft India