tbwhite2040, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8 years Computer Support Specialist County School System, 3+ years Networking Specialist

I want to set my laptop back to manufacturing setting and I

I want to set my laptop back to manufacturing setting and I dont know how. Cannot access certain websites and need help. Its been a few days with just answer and still nothing. Help/.......

What is the model and make of your laptop and do you have the Windows 7 Operating System disc?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have a gateway laptop and I have window 7 on it installed. I called the company and they stated that I didnt need the disc.
What is the model number of your Gateway laptop?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
EC 54
The way to restore Gateways is to hold down the ALT Key and repeatedly hitting f10 then it should bring you to a boot sequence screen then choose the HDD and then hold down ALT and repeatedly hit f10 again that should prompt the restore feature for gateway. If that doesnt work the only way to do it is to boot into windows and run the eRecovery program.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thanks I will try that. 1 more ? is do you know how to save files I have like pics mainly that I cannot recover?

If you have a large flash drive or an external hard drive, you can go to your picture's folders on your laptop and right click on them and select "Copy" and then go to your flash drive or External drive and open it up and click "Paste"

I always copy and paste instead of doing a backup. A backup can corrupt your files.