Joseph
Joseph, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Certification in SAP and more than 3 years of experience in Software engineering.

My outgoing emails wont leave my outbox and therefore are

Customer Question

My outgoing emails won't leave my outbox and therefore are not sent. Please help.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Joseph replied 4 years ago.
Are you using Outllok 2007 ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
just checking. I'm pretty sure that is it. hold on.
Expert:  Joseph replied 4 years ago.
Ok. Click help -> About
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks. yes it is 2007
Expert:  Joseph replied 4 years ago.

Method 1

Open the message from the Outbox and close it again.

Method 2

Put Outlook in offline mode. To do this go to File-> Work Offline. Now restart Outlook and see if you can sent it (you can try this in combination with method 1). Don’t forget to put Outlook back On-line again.

Methode 3

1. Start affected outlook in the safe mode, see if you can reproduce issue <Start->Run->outlook /safe>

Notes: It will isolate the issue that caused by 3rd party add-ins

2. Please reproduce issue, after mail stuck in, click any folder once, and check if mail has been sent

3. After reproduce issue, see if there’s any related log in the application log of affect PC

4. Right-click affected user’s “Sent Items” folder, select “Properties”, check “Show total number of items”, see if the number reached 16,384

5. Ensure NIC setting on the affected PC is “100Mb/Full Duplex”

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I tried Method 1 and Method 2 and it did not work.

I do not know how to do Method 3. I don't have a start button. there is a large button at the bottom. When I click on it there is internet explorer, then outlook, but if I click on it, I don't see a start button or a run option. please advise.

Expert:  Joseph replied 4 years ago.
yes that Big windows button is called start button. If you mouse over it you can see a tooltip writen Start.
Joseph, Computer Software Engineer
Experience: Certification in SAP and more than 3 years of experience in Software engineering.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
okay. will try that.
Expert:  Joseph replied 4 years ago.
ok
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'm sorry--I hover over the big button and see the start in small box over it. but don't see run. when i click on big button, don't see run either.
Expert:  Joseph replied 4 years ago.
There is a text box where you can write. That is the Run option in your operating system.
When you click The Start button below all programs you can see it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
okay--i typed in run and the run box popped up. I tried typing in run outlook/safe and there is no such program. so I typed in run, the run box popped up; i click on it and there is another box with http: portal something. I tried to delete than and type in outlook/safe but got nowhere. what next?
Expert:  Joseph replied 4 years ago.
Hold down the ctrl key while you start Outlook 2007.
You have to keep the key down until Outlook starts and it will tell you it is
in "Safe Mode."
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I followed the steps in item 1 under Method 3. I then sent a test email to myself. I then look at the outbox folder and it had grown by one number. I click on a folder in my folders list and looked in outbox folder and my test email was in outbox and had not been sent. I don't know where to find application log.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I checked Properties under Sent Items folder and number of items sent is 18, 324. What is NIC setting? Where do I find it? I apologize but you seem to think I have much more knowledge about pcs and the basics than I do. It would be helpful if you could give me more information in your answers. You should assume I am a beginner. I won't be offended, I assure you. Please advise how long your answer will be.
Expert:  Nick replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer My name is XXXXX XXXXX

Can you please go to "tools" then "Account Settings" as it could be a simple as in you are connecting to a different Internet provider at each of the sites and although normally you do not need to authenticate to the outgoing server as you are on "Their Network" when you are "Outside" of that network you will need to.

Once in account settings select the email account you use double click on it and let me know the outgoing server settings which will be something like mail.version.com
Also can you please tell me your own Internet service provider then that way we can match the two together and have you email flying through Cyberspace Smile
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Nick;

Sorry for the delayed response. Today is the first time I saw your response. My internet service provider is Time Warner (Road Runner in Kansas City.)

smtp-server.kc.rr.com is my outgoing server setting.

Thanks for your quick response. As you can imagine, i am quite frustrated with not being able to send emails.

I also am getting notices to sign in with network password. The password XXXXX XXXXX filled in. I have deleted it and typed it in again but it just reappears. so what's the deal with that?

jane

Expert:  Nick replied 4 years ago.
Hi Jane lets get this thing on the road.
In the accounts section of your Outlook you will see another button on eh side that says "more Settings" click on that then the tab "Outgoing Server" in there there is a box that needs to be ticked "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" then click on the radio button "Use the settings as my incoming mail server" and if all goes well you should be able to send and receive your emails not matter who's network you are on.
I am going to put this down as an answer but please get back to me if you have any problems