B. Rath
B. Rath, IT Professional
Experience:  Certified support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

how can i get rid of my start it is blocking other browsers

how can i get rid of my start? it is blocking other browsers from coming thru
Category: Computer
Expert:  B. Rath replied 4 years ago.
Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.

Could you specify your web browser, please?

Regards
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
firefox and the problem is MyStart that was or is with Incredimail
Expert:  B. Rath replied 4 years ago.
Okay ..first off, please open Firefox, then navigate to Tools > Options..., and under Main > Startup, set the 'When Firefox starts' option as 'Show a blank page' and apply the settings.

Done that, click on the little down arrow button to the left of the search bar at the right; in the popdown menu that comes up, click 'Manage Search Engines', then select 'MyStart' and click 'Remove', and you should be all set.

Keep me posted.

Regards
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
MyStart will not let access my firefox start page or allow any other to come thru so I don't have the option of clicking on anything
Expert:  B. Rath replied 4 years ago.
Is there a Tools tab present at the top?

Regards
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no
Expert:  B. Rath replied 4 years ago.
Okay ..now, please go to Start > All Programs > Mozilla Firefox > Mozilla Firefox (Safe Mode); a dialog box should come up. Check all of the options except for the one to remove your bookmarks, then click 'Make changes and restart'.

Does this remove MyStart ?

Regards
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no. it will allow me to click on the safe mode, but doesn't allow any other communication and jumps straight to the MyStart page
Expert:  B. Rath replied 4 years ago.
At the very top of the Firefox browser, is the Menu Bar with the options File, Edit, etc., present?

Regards
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No, nothing
Expert:  B. Rath replied 4 years ago.
Okay ..please right-click on a gray area at the very top, just below the Mozilla Firefox information bar; is the Menu Bar option checked?

Regards
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the top bar comes up as MyStart-Mozilla Firefox with some of my "skin" showing but no options. If I click on the small gray area I can get new tab, reload tab etc.
Expert:  B. Rath replied 4 years ago.
Just to clarify, did you make sure to close any existing Firefox window, before opening it up in safe mode?

Regards
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I think if I do I will lose you.
Expert:  B. Rath replied 4 years ago.
No, just click on the link in your email, or login to JustAnswer, and you will be able to get back to me all right.

Regards
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I did as you said and it came up with a bunch of choices to click on. I clicked on continue to run in safe mode and it came up as it supposed to! Do I need to do of not do anything else? This is awesome....
Expert:  B. Rath replied 4 years ago.
No, you are all set now. Just run Firefox normally as you used to do before (no need to run in safe mode again).

Thanks!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you very much, I was up till all hours last night trying everything I knew to do.
Expert:  B. Rath replied 4 years ago.
No problem ..please click Accept if you found my services helpful!

Regards
B. Rath, IT Professional
Experience: Certified support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.