Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

how can i get rid of my start it is blocking other browsers

how can i get rid of my start? it is blocking other browsers from coming thru
Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.

Could you specify your web browser, please?

Regards
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
firefox and the problem is MyStart that was or is with Incredimail
Okay ..first off, please open Firefox, then navigate to Tools > Options..., and under Main > Startup, set the 'When Firefox starts' option as 'Show a blank page' and apply the settings.

Done that, click on the little down arrow button to the left of the search bar at the right; in the popdown menu that comes up, click 'Manage Search Engines', then select 'MyStart' and click 'Remove', and you should be all set.

Keep me posted.

Regards
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
MyStart will not let access my firefox start page or allow any other to come thru so I don't have the option of clicking on anything
Is there a Tools tab present at the top?

Regards
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no
Okay ..now, please go to Start > All Programs > Mozilla Firefox > Mozilla Firefox (Safe Mode); a dialog box should come up. Check all of the options except for the one to remove your bookmarks, then click 'Make changes and restart'.

Does this remove MyStart ?

Regards
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no. it will allow me to click on the safe mode, but doesn't allow any other communication and jumps straight to the MyStart page
At the very top of the Firefox browser, is the Menu Bar with the options File, Edit, etc., present?

Regards
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No, nothing
Okay ..please right-click on a gray area at the very top, just below the Mozilla Firefox information bar; is the Menu Bar option checked?

Regards
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
the top bar comes up as MyStart-Mozilla Firefox with some of my "skin" showing but no options. If I click on the small gray area I can get new tab, reload tab etc.
Just to clarify, did you make sure to close any existing Firefox window, before opening it up in safe mode?

Regards
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I think if I do I will lose you.
No, just click on the link in your email, or login to JustAnswer, and you will be able to get back to me all right.

Regards
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I did as you said and it came up with a bunch of choices to click on. I clicked on continue to run in safe mode and it came up as it supposed to! Do I need to do of not do anything else? This is awesome....
No, you are all set now. Just run Firefox normally as you used to do before (no need to run in safe mode again).

Thanks!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you very much, I was up till all hours last night trying everything I knew to do.
No problem ..please click Accept if you found my services helpful!

Regards