James, Sr. Computer Support Expert
Experience:  20 years of experience building, fixing and servicing PCs and operating systems.

1) When I double left click my mouse it wont open a file,

1) When I double left click my mouse it won't open a file, I have to right click and select "open".
2) When I left click on an arrow on the internet for a drop down list, The list flashes instantly, but I have no access to actually read it or select from it. When I left click to place the curser in the middle of text, it will highlight everything before or after...I can't get a clean insertion point.
3) When I right click, (especially on the internet) often times nothing happens.

What's the problem and how do I fix it?

It sounds like your Shift key is stuck.
Disconnect your keyboard, and try the mouse clicks again. If the mouse behaves normally, replace the keyboard.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
We are using Logitech wireless desktop (keyboard,mouse combination). I took the batteries out of the keyboard and it made no difference.
Can you try to connect a normal, simple USB mouse and check again pleaase?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
So, a Logitech cordless mouse works! Yea!

Can we do something to fix the other mouse?
I think the problem is with the keyboard, not the might be mechanical or eletronic. See if any keys are stuck, but if you can't find any, you need a new set as the problem is a defective logicboard.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you so much!
You are very welcome :)