joytinu
joytinu, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.E.
38595150

PRINT CONSECUTIVE NUMBERS ON LABELS IN WORD

Customer Question

Category: Computer
Expert:  joytinu replied 6 years ago.
hi

there is no simple way.

either you can copy from excel

Create an Excel document with the only column headed Number.
Under that heading put the first number you want to use and increment that by one in the cells below until you reach your max number. Sva ethis file and remember its name and where it is saved.

Now, create your word document and do a mail merge using the Excel document as your merge field source. Run it and you have X number of documents to print with each page having a new number that is incremented by one.

Now the above idea assumes you can use Excel and know how to use mailmerge in Word.
if you dont want to do it manually then try these

http://www.dragondrop.com/WordCoding/word012.asp

Expert:  joytinu replied 6 years ago.
hi

there is no simple way.

either you can copy from excel

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No, I can't use excel. It has to be a way to do it in word only. Any ideas?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I figured it out myself. Would you like ME to tell YOU??? Sealed
Expert:  joytinu replied 6 years ago.
no.. i will opt out
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
OK. But it was disappointing that noone could answer such a simple request.
Expert:  joytinu replied 6 years ago.
your question wasnt unclear. i thought you didnt want to type so you can just paste
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I didn't want to type because I had over 300 consecutive numbers, and I didn't have to type it. I figured it out when I was waiting for your response which I didn't get for a little while. I googled and googled and finally found a link explaining to a degree and then I worked it all out myself. You go to in MS Word, format/bullets and numbering and then you put the number you want and it will generate the number range and you can copy it over and there you are.
Expert:  joytinu replied 6 years ago.
i will opt out. you wont be charged for this
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

As you can see, you never did give me the correct answer and didn't charge me. So please take off the auto resends to me asking me if I'm happy. Of course I am now. I figured it out MYSELF.