David L
David L, Systems Engineer
Experience:  Microsoft & Cisco Certified with over 20 years experience
13852270

my Asus Eee PC wont connect to the internet. After running

Customer Question

my Asus Eee PC won't connect to the internet. After running systems diagnostics it says, "Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy setting." What should I do?
Category: Computer
Expert:  James replied 4 years ago.

Click Tools--Internet options. Click Connections. Click LAN Settings.
Make sure No checkbox is selected.

Close Internet Explorer, open it, and try the website again.

Thanks,

J.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Your answer did not solve my problem. It appears that I cannot connect to the internet at all. When I click on my connection settings, I see "not connected-No connections are available." When I try to connect to a network, it then says "no conncetions available." My wireless is functioning fine, as I am using my other computer right now. What do you suggest?
Expert:  James replied 4 years ago.
Hi, when did this issue start?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the wireles worked properly for about 3 weeks, when the computer was first bought in April. It then stopped, and I have not been able to fix it myself. There has been no wireless connection for 6 weeks.
Expert:  James replied 4 years ago.
Okay. When you click the network icon on the bottom right, next to the clock - are you able to see your wireless network, or none at all?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I see no wireless networks at all. There is a red X across my network icon as well
Expert:  James replied 4 years ago.
Okay. Your wirless adapter might be off. There is a function combination to turn it on - I believe it is Fn + F2 (pressed together).

See if that makes a change.

J.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I just tried that, but it was ON the whole time. I pushed it a few times and there have bee no changes.
Expert:  James replied 4 years ago.
I am not sure how to proceed with this case, so I will forward the question back to the expert pool. As soon as another expert picks up the question, you will be notified.

Sorry I couldn't resolve your issue!

J.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX can figure out the problem
Expert:  James replied 4 years ago.
I sure hope so!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
there is still no response to question. Are any of your experts looking at my question?
Expert:  David L replied 4 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX would like to assist you.

Next, if the SSID (network name) on your wireless network is set to non-broadcast or broadcast disabled, follow the instructions at the link below and let me know if you need assistance with any of the steps:

click here
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I tried that setting change, but it appears that I can not turn on my wireless receiver on my computer. It is surprising, because it previously worked, then all of a sudden it stopped.
Expert:  David L replied 4 years ago.
Ok then if you click Start, then type

ncpa.cpl

and press Enter, in the Network Connections window that opens is the wireless connection listed?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
in the network connections window, i see:

1. Local area connection, network cable unplugged

2. Wireless network connection, not connected, atheros AR2427 Wireless Network
(there are green bars showing, and a red X next to the icon)
Expert:  David L replied 4 years ago.
So just to clarify, are there two network connections listed?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The network connections were listed just as I previously wrote.

2. Wireless network connection, not connected, atheros AR2427 Wireless Network (there is a red X next to the icon)
Expert:  David L replied 4 years ago.
Ok then next plug the computer into the network using a network cable then reboot and verify you can access the Internet then click Start, right click Computer then click Manage then Device Manager then find the wireless adapter in the list of devices, right click on the wireless adapter device and click Update then reboot and try again to connect to the wireless network after unplugging the network cable from the computer.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I just tried your answer. But I couldn't connect to the internet even after I connected the cable. I wonder if there is a different problem.
Expert:  David L replied 4 years ago.

Next click Start, Programs, Accessoies then right click on the Command Prompt then click Run as Administrator then on the command line type:

netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt

and press Enter then reboot and try again to connect to the cabled network and if that works try the wireless network.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
still no changes. I am very dissapointed with this computer. The computer also rarely turns off and restarts properly. I don't know what else to try.
Expert:  David L replied 4 years ago.
Ok then connect the netwok cable again then reboot then follow the same procedure above to open the command prompt then on the command line type 'ipconfig /all' and press enter. Next, right click the bar at the top of the command line window and click Edit then Select All. Next, right click the top bar again and select Edit then Copy and then click this text box and press CTL and V keys at the same time to paste the command line output here so I can review.(you may need to click Start, Search and type Notepad then press Enter then copy the output to Notepad and save it to a USB key/drive and move it to a computer that can connect to the Internet in order to copy the information here).