Mr. Clark
Mr. Clark, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Computer Repair Business Owner & Specialist / CIS Degree

My blackberry is stuck on a white loading screen with a timer

My blackberry is stuck on a white loading screen with a timer in the middle. It turns off every now and then and the red LED indicator comes on and then off. It then turns back on with the same problem. It is a blackberry 8520 which I bought from orange and i have tried taking the battery out and I have tried a soft reset (alt key + shift + del). What do I have to do?

Sounds like you have either installed an corrupt theme or you attempted to do an update/restore and it was interrupted.

You will need to first make sure you have the latest version of BlackBerry Desktop installed:

Attach your BlackBerry to your PC via USB cable.

Next, click Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt

Type in

cd\ (press enter)

cd program files (press enter)

cd common files (press enter)

cd research in motion (press enter)

cd apploader (press enter)

loader.exe /nojvm (press enter)

The Application Loader Wizard will appear, click Next.

In the Connection drop down, you should see USB-PIN: UNKNOWN. Click Next.

**You should see the default BlackBerry apps, just click Next -> Finish.

Now wait and be sure to let the entire process complete.

**If you do not see a list of applications mentioned above and instead see the message "The BlackBerry Desktop Software does not have BlackBerry Device Software for the device that you have connected. Contact your wireless service provider or systems administrator." -> download the BlackBerry's operating system for your carrier and device below.

After obtaining this, you will need to follow the steps above.

This should resolve you issue. Thank you for using JustAnswer.

Edited by clagesolutions on 6/6/2010 at 3:49 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I opened up the application loader and it read the message "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have...." So I then downloaded the Blackberry's operating system successfully and then opened up the application loader through your command prompt method. It now showed all the default Blackberry Apps. I clicked Next -> Finish and it began loading the system software and applications. AT this point the timer animation on my blackberry had gone and there was now an image of a blackberry and computer connected by two arrows which showed that it was working.

It then said "Your device's software has been updated successfully." The blackberry then turned off and back on automatically and the same timer on the white screen was there like before???

Okay. Go back and do through the process again. When it gets to the point of showing the applications, uncheck all that you can.

You may have a program that is either faulty or incompatible with your BlackBerry.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The only ones that are already checked are 'greyed-out' so I cannot uncheck them. I went through the process again but it still didn't work.

In my experiences, I have fixed maybe 50+ Blackberries with the "White Screen of Death" with only maybe 4 or 5 that could not be recovered.

I am going to opt out and hope any expert will be able to help you.

Good luck.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ok. Thanks anyway.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.

I did some research. Have you tried the following:

Let me know how it works. Thanks.