Joseph
Joseph, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Certification in SAP and more than 3 years of experience in Software engineering.
27113160

How do I uninstall a prerelease version of Microsoft Office

Customer Question

How do I uninstall a prerelease version of Microsoft Office 2010 (beta) that I am no longer using. When I go to programs and try to uninstall it, it does nothing and won't go away. I am currently using Microsoft Office 2007 and have purchased a download through my work of the Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 and it won't complete the download. It gives me an error message that I need to 1st uninstall any prerelease versions of MO2010 products and associated technologies. What am I missing?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Joseph replied 6 years ago.
Please refer this link.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218

It explains how to uninstall Office 2007 if the Uninstall fails. You can try the same for
Microsoft Office 2010 (beta). Similar feature is available in 2010 also.

Thanks.
________________________________________________________________________
If satisfied click the green ACCEPT button.
Expert:  Joseph replied 6 years ago.
Please refer this link.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218

Thanks.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I don't want to uninstall Office 2007 (because I am currently using that). I just want to uninstall the Office 2010 and any associated technologies (which I wouldn't know what they are). Maybe it won't let me uninstall it from Programs because I have to uninstall something else first, but I have no idea what that might be.
Expert:  Joseph replied 6 years ago.
In the link it was for 2007 , I want you to try the same uninstall procedures for 2010 also.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

If I do what it says then I might make the mistake of removing something I shouldn't, as it applies to componants for 2007, and I am not a pc techie. So, I don't want to have to make the decision to choose unless I know for certain it pertains and is associated with the 2010 version. If this is all you can do for me, then it doesn't solve my problem. Thanks for trying.