joytinu
joytinu, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  B.E.
38595150

i keep getting popped up message Enter Network Password and

Customer Question

i keep getting popped up message "Enter Network Password" and still unable to send or receive e-mail messages although all of the configurations are correctly placed.
Category: Computer
Expert:  joytinu replied 6 years ago.
hi

Cause

There are at least two possible causes:

Resolution

• Cause 1 Microsoft Office Outlook needs to be updated with your new password. Microsoft cannot retrieve your old password. Contact your ISP, and ask them to assign a new password XXXXX your account. After you get your new password, you must update your e-mail account settings. See Change your ISP e-mail account information for instructions.

Note Unless specified by your ISP, all server and address entries are typed in lowercase letters. Some ISPs require a combination of lowercase and uppercase letters for passwords, to add further security. Check with your ISP to see if they require a case-sensitive password.

• Cause 2 The Microsoft Knowledge Base article 290684 is available to help you correct this behavior by stepping you through the process of removing your user account information from the Protected Storage System Provider subkey in the Windows Registry and entering your password XXXXX again in Outlook.
sourceLmicrosoft.com

also follow these steps

http://www.h-desk.com/articles/Solution_for____Enter_Network_Password____problem_in_Outlook_a10_f0.html

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I've contacted ATT (ISP) and they have given me the updated configurations -- they have given me all the information I need to get the e-mail going in the Outlook. I still get the pop up message "Enter Network Password" I have typed in my user name and password XXXXX pressed "OK." I still can not send or receive e-mails. The "Enter Network Password" message keeps popping up.
Expert:  joytinu replied 6 years ago.
hi

thanks for your reply.
please reinstall outlook and restart your computer. It wont erase your old emails.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Should I remove the old outlook before I re-install?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I did go ahead and put the 2007 Office in the drive and had it run through (by choosing the repair option). And when it was completed and rebooted, it still came out the same with the pop up messages. Please note that the 2007 does not have the updated Outlook as it still has the 2003 Outlook. My understanding is that the Microsoft stopped making Outlook.