Aitizaz
Aitizaz, Software Engineer
Experience:  Vast exp. in troubleshooting,maintenance and counselling
17531195

My computer will not let me search for anything on Google.

Customer Question

My computer will not let me search for anything on Google. When I go there it takes me to sites I don't want any info on. Error message comes up Error 302. have recently installed Norton Virus Protector
Category: Computer
Expert:  Aitizaz replied 6 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer!

Restart your computer, and press F8 continuously. From the menu, select SAFE MODE WITH NETWORKING, and press Enter.

Now, if this solves the problem and your computer works normally, then the problem is certainly of viruses. in this case, if you dont have DATA on your C:, its advisable to FORMAT the drive and reinstall Windows XP. Immediately after that, install Antivirus program, update it and RUN and complete Scan, so that viruses on other drives should wipe out.( do not access anything on other drives before the scan completes).

if you have any questions, dont hesitate to ask me. else press ACCEPT button.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What would it cost if you were to get on the phone and walk us through thus process, I'm not an expert at doing these things ?.
Expert:  Aitizaz replied 6 years ago.
we are not allowed to talk on phone. i can only communicate with you here.

first check the computer with F8 option and go to GOOGLE. let me know what you get.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
say's document has moved here, here is highlighted
Expert:  Aitizaz replied 6 years ago.
click on the here link and tell me the result.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
says cache access denied,say's you are not currently allowed to request :http://www.google.com/search? from this cache until you have authenticated yourself.You need to use netscape version 2.0 or greater, or Microsoft Interent Explorer, or an http/1.1 compliant browser for this to work. Please contact the cash administrator if you have difficulties authenticatiin yourself or change your default password. generated Thu,03 JUN 2010 GMt by server .domain.com SQUID/2.6.STABLE 21
Expert:  Aitizaz replied 6 years ago.
Did you setup SYSTEM RESTORE on your computer?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
We have system restore under accessories, system gtools, what do you mean by setup
Expert:  Aitizaz replied 6 years ago.
yes i am talking about the same system restore. By setup, i mean that you have to SETUP SYSTEM RESORE POINTS/DATES to which, later on, you can bring back your computer to.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes
Expert:  Aitizaz replied 6 years ago.
ok then you can use that utility to take back your computer to a date when you were not facing this problem.

Also, Update your Antivirus Program and run a Complete System Scan to remove any viruses.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
currently running the restore program
Expert:  Aitizaz replied 6 years ago.
ok!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
did a quick scan, which we are only allowed to do this on norton because it is a trial run. scan showed no virus files found
Expert:  Aitizaz replied 6 years ago.
on a trial version, you will not get anything. you need a buy a full version of a good antivirus,( i recommend CA Antivirus, which you can get from http://download.cnet.com/CA-Anti-Virus/3000-2239_4-10808214.html).
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
we are waiting for a e mail so we can download the full version and have not received it as of yet so can't download full version
Expert:  Aitizaz replied 6 years ago.
yes use this whenever you recieve the email.

and let me know the results.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
have another avenue to choose to install norton 360, through quest our internet provider, should we uninstall the current 360 on the trial version and install through quest as a permanent anti virus install. if this does not work will we still be able to contact you. we will have to discontinue this chat while installing the program
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
have another avenue to choose to install norton 360, through quest our internet provider, should we uninstall the current 360 on the trial version and install through quest as a permanent anti virus install. if this does not work will we still be able to contact you. we will have to discontinue this chat while installing the program. Are you still there