Peter, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  A+ Certified, 15+ years Diagnosing and repairing windows based PCs and laptops and Home networking

Acer Aspire Z5610 touch screen does not work

Customer Question

Category: Computer
Expert:  Peter replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for choosing

I would like to get clarification of the problem. Does the touch screen not work or the computer itself? Also what happened prior to this malfunction? And can you further describe 'not work' if it is the screen does it not respond at all or does it respond but miscalibrated perhaps? if it is the computer does it not do something or does it not even power on. Please elaborate on your issue and I will be happy to assist you.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Peter,in case my replydid not reach you. The computer works but none of the touch systems will work by touch, they will open by the use of the mouse but no tpuch screen.
Expert:  Peter replied 6 years ago.
Ok, good evening again.

So the touch screen does not work at all? Has it worked since the time you purchased the computer? Or is this a new computer that has never worked right? From Acers site they do not have a driver patch for that computer that will fix touch screen issues, it seems most of them are hardware related, if under warranty the best solution would be to contact them for a warranty repair. If the machine is out of warranty or has worked and perhaps new software was installed recently or something that we can pinpoint to diagnos the issue then we can continue to work on it here. If the computer was working fine at a point in time, perhaps last week or a few weeks ago, we can try a system restore to check for software issues. If this is a new computer under warranty (normally less than 1 year old is still in warranty) then go to this site here and fill out the warranty information to submit a hardware replacement.

The site will ask you for the serial number, located on the back of your computer, and take you through the process. If you had this working before let us try the system restore option first.

Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore

Select to restore your computer to a previous date, and choose a date before it stopped working, this will reboot your machine when done, and may solve any software issues that could be causing this problem.

Hope this helps and if it was helpful please accept my answer, if not please let me know what you tried and where it stands now so we can continue. Thanks again for choosing