Sudipto, Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Certificate Course In Computer Maintenance

my webcam has disappeared on my Toshiba laptop. I cant figure

my webcam has disappeared on my Toshiba laptop. I can't figure out how to get it back.
WELCOME TO JUST ANSWER!! My name isXXXXX will assist you to solve or identify your problem.

It seems to be a driver problem please follow the steps to restore the PC to an earlier stage and let me know if it helps.....

To restore:

Click the Start button, click All Programs, click Accessories, click System Tools, and then click System Restore. If you are prompted for an administrator password XXXXX confirmation, type the password XXXXX provide confirmation. Click on Choose a different restore point, and click Next. You will see a list of restore points. If you find the date when the webcam worked then click on it and click Next. Otherwise click on the check box Show restore point older than 5 days, and then select your preferred date.

The system restore will take a while to complete, when it does, your computer will restart automatically..

When it starts again, see if the problem remain
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
This will not work. The oldest system date is 5/2/10 and it hasn't been working for about 2 months or so. It hasn't been an issue until now when I need to use it and can't. Is there anything else that can be done to get it back working?
Then try the steps below and let me know....

Press Windows Key+R and type devmgmt.msc and press enter.

Device manager will open up

Look for any "Unknown Device" or and ! mark beside any device name and let me know..
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I have clicked on every + sign and nothing has an ! or unknown device after it. It's almost like the webcam is just completely gone! I know I have one on my computer because I have used it in the past. Could it have been uninstalled?

Yes it seems to be anyway can you please let me know the two things below....

1.Exact model no. of the PC.?

2.32bit or 64Bit Vista?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I have a Toshiba Satellite P305 and it's a 64-bit operating system.

Thanks for helping me with this!

Please let me know the exact model no. Like P305-S8857 or P305-S8854 etc...
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Oh the sticker on the bottom says P305-S8842
I can find one driver for your webcam please download it from the link below and double click the downloaded file to install the driver and let me know the results....