Qin Xia
Qin Xia, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer hard ware, software, 6+ years
23665630

how do i enter the bios on a augen go netbook with windows

how do i enter the bios on a augen go netbook with windows ce
Category: Computer
Expert:  Qin Xia replied 4 years ago.

This is netbook with ROM, is different from normal pc we have using BIOS to control device setup.

It provide a reset button on the bottom for netbook reset.

If the netbook is freezing, take either a toothpick or paperclip and hold down the reset button for 3 sec on the bottom of the Netbook. It should reset the netbook.

Let me know if this is what you want.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i would like to install linux on this machine. can it be done
Expert:  Qin Xia replied 4 years ago.

That is too bad. You can not install linux. To make it compact and smaller size, so it choose windows CE and many functions are not included like installation of application. So it is very limited netbook, good for some very general internet browsing, email etc

See below, also click here for the user manual if you want to know more details

Q: Can the E-Go support Java?
Answer- The E-Go is able to support Java.
Q: Can you install any other applications on the E-Go?
Answer- The E-Go does not support downloaded apps.
Q: is the E-Go able to play dvds?
Answer- No, this product does not support DVD.
Q: Can these computers connect to a wireless network (Wi-Fi)?
Answer- Yes the product has a built in wireless card.
Q: Can I plug in digital cameras and download the pictures onto the E-Go?
Answer- The E-Go does not support this kind of hardware. However, one can insert the
SD/MMC card from the camera into the card reader port.
Q: Is it possible to use wireless Air-Card with E-Go Netbook?
Answer- No, the E-go is not compatible with Air-Card.
Q: Does the E-GO have a built in webcam?
Answer- No, this product does not come with a webcam.
Q: Can you connect a printer to the E-Go?
Answer- currently the E-Go is not compatible with printer support. However,
documents can be transferred to your main PC.

Edited by Qin Xia on 5/18/2010 at 7:28 AM EST
Qin Xia, Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Computer hard ware, software, 6+ years
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: how is windows ce installed.
how is windows ce installed
Expert:  Qin Xia replied 4 years ago.

Operating System is Embedded Windows CE 5.0, it is built in flash on board ROM (read only). It is different than normal PC that the operating system is installed. The structure is more like a handhold pc.

They do have netbook is pre built in Linux on board, click here you can see this

You could ask to see whether you could return to switch with that.

Best of luck!