Travis B.
Travis B., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  7+ years of experience in troubleshooting computer problems. A+ Computer Maintenance and Repair

What can I do if my Lenovo laptop wont let me sign in

What can I do if my Lenovo laptop won't let me sign in?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Travis B. replied 6 years ago.

Is this your Window's Logon Password ?

Or is this before Window's Screen such as a Bios Password?

Travis B.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Not following you. All I get on my screen is the User icon and the place for your password XXXXX this is before the windows come on.
Expert:  Travis B. replied 6 years ago.
Okay, so this is the Window's Logon Password.

If you can't start the computer in Safe Mode then I would advise to use the following, it reads your hard drive and enables you to get the correct password XXXXX your computer.

If you still cannot get into your computer, I would advise to reinstall Window's 7, you do get the option during the install to save your current files, sometimes it doesn't work 100% though. So if you have files on your computer that are not not easy to get back(unreplaceable), I would advise to take the hard drive out, take it to a Data Recovery Center(most local computer shops can also, get your data off the hard drive) Then get a new hard drive and install windows.

If you need anymore help please ask, otherwise have a good night and god bless! Smile

Travis B.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thanks, travis. But how am I to do use the login recovery if I can't get in to the computer?
Expert:  Travis B. replied 6 years ago.
Basically its a program you would need to download from another computer and put onto a CD or Flash Drive and then run it on the computer that you are having issues logging into.

Travis B.