TechGuy
TechGuy, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  MCSE, CCEA, A+
33491607

My aol email account sends viagra & drug attachments to everyone

My aol email account sends viagra & drug attachments to everyone I have ever emailed. This has been going on since last week. How do I stop this. I am getting emails & calls from everyone. I brought my new lap top back to best buy & they said my computer is virus free. I have Kaspersky security. Can AOL stop these emails?! Help!
Category: Computer
Expert:  TechGuy replied 6 years ago.
This is caused by someone using your email address to send email. They are not sending from your computer, they are sending it from their own. The send the email and disguise the email message to look like it came from you. It is called "spoofing". Typically people and companies that send junk email do this so the people receiving the message think it's from you and open it. I am sorry to tell you there is nothing you can do in this situation other than change your email address.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
How do I change my email address?
Expert:  TechGuy replied 6 years ago.
You will have to create a new account.

1. Step 1

Enter www.aol.com in the address bar. This will take you directly to AOL's

2. To the left of the screen there is a big-red button that reads "Get Free AOL Mail"; click that. A new AOL window will appear on your screen.

3. Now enter your name, create an account name, and set a password. There are a couple more boxes to fill out with personal information, as well.;

4. Once you have filled all the information needed - click the big-green button at the bottom-right of the screen; the button will say "Submit".

5. After selecting "Submit" - click the green button to the right of the new screen that reads "Access You Mail Now!".

6. AOL will now load. This sometimes takes a couple seconds.

7. Congrats! You've got mail!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
How do I shut off old email box so it won't continue to send these emails?
Expert:  TechGuy replied 6 years ago.

Cancelation By Phone

1. AOL email accounts can be closed by phone, according to the AOL Legal Department. To close out an AOL Email address by phone call AOL Customer Service at(NNN) NNN-NNNN Simple Thoughts explains that you'll need to say cancellation at the menu. You will then be asked to answer your security question. Live representatives are then connected to you asking you why you want to cancel your account. The fastest way to get your AOL Email Address canceled is to just keep telling them you didn't like it. Otherwise, the live representative will keep trying to get you to keep your account open.
  2. Online Cancelation

3. The best way to cancel your AOL Email Address online is to first log into your AOL Instant Messenger account. From there click "Edit" under your screen name. Type something in that's generic such as "000." Press "Submit." Click the "Edit" button under the "Contact Email Address." Type in "000." Press "Submit." Open your AOL Email account. Delete all of your AOL emails. If you do not access your email account for six months, then your AOL email account will stay deleted.