Aaron B
Aaron B, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Thirteen years of experience providing computer support for fortune 500 companies and government.

how do I delete messages on my phone from skype mobile also

Customer Question

how do I delete messages on my phone from skype mobile?

also how do i delete them from computer?

Is skype moblie different than skype on my computer? i login to the same account but if they are the same why cant i see the im messages that are on my pjone on my computer???
Category: Computer
Expert:  Aaron B replied 6 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What operating system are you using?
-What internet browser are you using?
-What have you already tried?
-What model is your blackberry curve?
-What version of skype do you have installed on your computer?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
well i have no idea what os is on my computer is using window i have tried to find a delte>>only thing there is is the option to close im but it opens it again the next time the conversation starts...i want to delete all im history. i dont know what version im using.. please tell me how to find this information out
Expert:  Aaron B replied 6 years ago.

You can try this on both your computer and mobile device. In Skype where you go to have chats or make calls, click in the top blue bar which is the 6th option of "Tools", then slide down to choose "Options", then "Privacy". Now switch to the right column for "Keep History For" which is next to the "allow IMs from".

Click on arrow and choose "No History" in the left box, and then press "Clear History" in the right box. Then choose to "Delete" when it comes up and lastly, go down to press the "Save" button. Go and check to find all history of calls, sms, etc. deleted.

You can do this either after every call, sms, im, or every now and then in bulk. The Skype software on your computer and the Skype mobile software are different. However, as long as you are logged into the same Skype account you should be seeing the same sms, im, calls, etc.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

this is not the case>>>my cell phone does not have the same history as my computer. on the cell phone you can close the im but when the same person leaves a new im the information is preceeded by the old ims...what i want to know is how to earse that old conversation from my blackberry.

Expert:  Aaron B replied 6 years ago.

You can try to clear your history via the following instructions. Without knowing what version of Skype you have installed you might need to look around your Skype settings. You can try this both on your phone and computer.
  • Open Skype
  • Click on “Tools”,
  • Click on “Options”,
  • On your left, click on “IM & SMS” tab,
  • Then click on “IM Settings”,
  • Click on the “Clear history” button on your right
Another possibility is to go to your "Privacy" settings in Skype and look for an option called "Keep chat history for...". You can select "Disable History".