bineesh
bineesh, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MCSE and MCP Certified Engineer
27375559

I have a HP Pavilion dv7-1232nr. A black ,flashing,volume rectangle

Customer Question

I have a HP Pavilion dv7-1232nr. A black ,flashing,volume rectangle in the center of my screen and can't get rid of it. What do I do?
Category: Computer
Expert:  bineesh replied 4 years ago.
Hello

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Please follow the steps..

Start -> run ->type msconfig -> startup -> disable all

And restart and try ..This should solve your problem.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have vista. when I hit start, Run does not show up
Expert:  bineesh replied 4 years ago.
Windows key + r you will get RUN command

or else in seacrh box itself you can type msconfig
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Please explain further.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Went to Run. msconfig. startup but no disableall appeared.
Need to get back on ASAP. Please help.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
are you there?
Expert:  bineesh replied 4 years ago.
Please check this..

HERE

And restart try..It should work..
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

How do I get on the internet after the Blinking volume has gone away?

I went into safe mode. to grt rid of the sound audio fro IDT and when I started up again ,i was unable to get on the internet. It says "Internet Explorer san no display this page.

Expert:  bineesh replied 4 years ago.
Let me know what the name for Blinking Volume.

Is that Locoal Area Connection.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

How do I get on the internet

.I had a blinking volume rectangle on my screen in the middle. I went to safe mode and seleted the sound from my machine. I have vista. I rebooted and now I can' get on the internet. what do I do to solve this problem?

Expert:  bineesh replied 4 years ago.
Do system restore..

Restoring Windows Vista to a previous State

In the case of a problem on your computer that cannot be solved by normal means, you can restore your computer back to a previous working state. To do this you need to start System Restore so that you can choose the restore point to restore. If you are currently having problems starting Windows Vista, you can use System Restore from the Windows Recovery Environment. Instructions on how to do this can be found in this tutorial: Using System Restore from the Vista Windows Recovery Environment.

If you can log into Windows Vista, then you should follow these steps.

1. Close and save any documents that you may have open.

2. Click on the Start button to open your Start Menu. The Start button looks like this: Vista Start Button

3. When the Start Menu opens click on the All Programs menu option.

4. Click once on the Accessories Start Menu group.

5. Click once on the System Tools Start Menu group.

6. Click once on the System Restore icon. After you click on the icon, if a User Account Control window opens you should click on the Continue button.
You will now be at the System Restore screen as shown below in Figure 1. From this screen you can specify the restore point that you would like to restore.

System Restore Screen
Figure 1. System Restore Screen

By default, Vista will already have selected the Recommended restore option. This restore point is one was made after a new program, driver, or update was installed. If you would like to use this restore point, you can click on the Next button to start the restore process. On the other hand, if there is a more recent restore point that you would like to restore you should select Choose a different restore point and press the Next button. This will bring you to a screen, as shown in Figure 2, that contains a listing of all the available restore points that you can restore to.

Figure 2. List of available restore points

You should select the restore point that you would like to restore and press the Next button to start the restore process. Vista will display a Window showing your selected restore point and asking you to confirm that this is the one you would like to restore.

Confirm the selected restore point
Figure 3. Confirm the selected restore point

If you would like to select a different restore point press the Back button. Otherwise you can press the Cancel button to exit System Restore or the Finish button to begin the restore process. If you selected Finish, Vista will display a second prompt asking you to confirm that you would like to continue the restore.

Second Confirmation
Figure 4. Second Confirmation

If you are sure you want to do the restore, then press the Yes button. Vista will now log you off of the computer and start the System Restore process as shown in Figure 5 below.

Restoring a restore point
Figure 5. Restoring a restore point

When the restore has been completed, you computer will be restarted and when Vista boots back up it will be restored to its previous state. When you log in to Vista for the first time after the restore, you will see a message showing that the restore was successful.

Figure 6. System restore was successful

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
System Restore doesn't work
Expert:  bineesh replied 4 years ago.
What change you done on Safemode..

Please rechange it should work..