Nirjhar18
Nirjhar18, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Btech

Help, been locked out my aol email, says user name or password

Customer Question

Help, been locked out my aol email, says user name or password XXXXX had both for years. cant reset password XXXXX aol not helpfull at all and its imperative i access my emails.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Nirjhar18 replied 4 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer !! I am Nirjhar and I will be glad to help you out with your issue today.

Did you try to reset your password XXXXX give alternate email id ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i tried to reset password XXXXX it said not enough info an contact aol, which i did but they say it broadband problem and havnt been able to contact them. I have a 3g dongle stick.
Expert:  Nirjhar18 replied 4 years ago.
enter your information here on the following link and follow the instructions.it is not a problem of boradband if the error says
password XXXXX is not a broadband problem.you fill your instructions on the following link

DANGEROUS URL REMOVED&authLev=0&siteState=OrigUrl%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.aol.com%2F&lang=en&locale=us
Nirjhar18, Computer Enthusiast
Experience: Btech
Expert:  Nirjhar18 replied 4 years ago.
Go to aol.com and click on forget password XXXXX then follow instructions
do it from another computer if your computer is not allowing you to do
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i cant open this link
Expert:  Nirjhar18 replied 4 years ago.
go to aol.com
and then click on Sign in
i will open a page where it ask you for your username and password
click on forget password
there will ask you for your username and characters
and then it ask you to put alternate email address where they will send you intructions on how to reset password

put a email address which you can access
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i did as you said an went to password XXXXX typed in my user name but it just says not enough info an thats as far as it takes me, it is so important i get access as my fiance visa folders are there so hope you can help please
Expert:  Nirjhar18 replied 4 years ago.
sir,when you type your user name
did they ask you yo type the characters in the box
try to type full email address there in usernam field
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i typed in full name, ie full email address (XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX) and then i typed in characters underneath but still no good. Your welcome to try yourself, my email address is above an my password XXXXX (freaky)
Expert:  Nirjhar18 replied 4 years ago.
do not put complete email address

write name at aol.com

type like this
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
hiya i typed like you said and i got better result. It said link has been sent to the alternate email address i gave when i opened account, unfortunatly that was a long time ago an that email address no longer in existance, or did you try your end and supply email address ! what do i do now as im now desperate.
Expert:  Nirjhar18 replied 4 years ago.
Sir,make a email address
which you can access...
and then repeat this step again
enter the alternate email address(which you created)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i already have a new alternate email address which is XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX. However when i get to the reset password XXXXX its telling me to click on the link that has been sent to the ORIGINAL alternate email address when i first opened account years ago and that address hasnt been in use for at least 4 years and there is nowhere on the page to enter new alternate email address. If you have aol on your system you can try yourself and you will see what i mean. My addy is XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX and the original password XXXXX freaky if you put that in you can see what happens.
Expert:  Nirjhar18 replied 4 years ago.
if you cannot access your alternate email address,then there is no other way.you need to remember one of your password
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
my password XXXXX and still is freaky, surely there must be a way to access is there no one else you can ask, as all my fiance visa emails there and means we would have to wait another year, please i really need your help
Expert:  Nirjhar18 replied 4 years ago.
sir,there is no other way to contact AOL
they do not provide phone support for email service
you can go throught the reset password XXXXX again
but you do not even remember ypur alternate email address password
i know your password XXXXX XXXXX
but some one has changed it from freaky and now it is something else
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
how am i supposed to know what password XXXXX changed to when i didnt change it, i cant believe in this day an age there isnt a way to solve this. If you should think of anything else then let me know i dont care how much it cost me as it so important
Expert:  Nirjhar18 replied 4 years ago.
i can understand your concern
but sir someone has hacked into your account and changed your password
they only way is to reset it,the way we have tried
there is no other way as aol does not provide phone support