Anthony Brewster
Anthony Brewster, Consultant
Experience:  MICROSOFT PC SAFETY, WINDOWS LIVE ONECARE, WINDOWS GENUINE, & I.T. SPECIALIST
16299369

I need to restore my daughters desktop Acer Aspire M1100 to

I need to restore my daughter's desktop Acer Aspire M1100 to its factory settings.I no longer have the manual or any discs that came with the computer.I have searched online but cannot find the manual for this model.Please can you advise as to what steps I should take to restore to factory condition.Many thanks.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Anthony Brewster replied 6 years ago.

Hello, This is how you put it back to Factory Settings...

1) Turn on the computer
2) When you see the Acer Logo Screen, press and hold the ALT key and start tapping/pressing F10 repeatedly
3) Follow Instructions for Recovery

NOTE: When the recovery loads you will be prompted for a password. This should have been set by you if you have been into the Acer Recovery Management software previously. If you have forgotten the password XXXXX you wish to clear the password XXXXX need to boot off the recovery disk that should have been created.

More Information

From the Acer toolbar at the top of the desktop click on the disk icon. Setup a password XXXXX requested. After clicking on setup you need to click Create Password XXXXX continue. Create a password XXXXX add a password XXXXX (strongly recommended).

You now have the option of restoring from a previous Windows VistaTM backup or you can start the Acer recovery process. The recovery is started by clicking Restore at the bottom of the window.

Further types of recovery are now presented. Choose Restore system to factory default if you wish to run the hard drive based recovery and return your Acer computer back to it's original factory default state.

Note: The factory default recovery will wipe ALL data from the computer so ensure important data has been saved to disk before proceeding. Enter the password XXXXX was previously set. Confirm you wish to run the recovery process. After confirming you wish to run the recovery process the computer will restart and restore all the original files.

Complete the Out of Box Experience when prompted. After a couple of restarts the computer will run through restoring the preinstalled software that came with your computer and then be ready to use.

Order Acer Recovery Disc

https://secure.tx.acer.com/RCDB/Main.aspx?brand=acer

DRIVERS

http://support.acer.com/drivers_download.aspx

MANUALS

http://support.acer.com/us/en/acerpanam/desktop/0000/Acer/AspireM1100/AspireM1100nv.shtml?Team=%2Fus%2Fen%2Facerpanam%2Fdesktop%2F0000%2FAcer%2FAspireM1100%2FAspireM1100nv.shtml

Acer: 1-800-816-2237

BEST OF LUCK!
GOD BLESS!

:)