namstech
namstech, Electrical Engineer
Experience:  M.S. Signals and Information Processing
31303650

I cannot upload pictures on my memory card to the computer

I cannot upload pictures on my memory card to the computer.

Welcome to JA expert services:

What problem are you facing while trying to upload your pictures in computer?

Does your computer detect your Camera?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
When I insert the memory card into the tower nothing happens.
I've tried to get to My Computer but it does not exist. I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium.
There is message which starts: "This file does not have a program associated with it....", so what of the two discs already downloaded?

If you want to Access My Computer, it is named as Computer in Windows 7 and you can access it from Start -> Computer. If you can access it this way, please inform for further action.

Regards
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for the valuable information. When I open Computer I do not know what to do in order to get my memory card to upload.

Can you see the memory card when you open Computer?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I can see "CANON_DC(E:)" and "377MB free of 488MB". Is this it?

Yes, double click on it to see its contents. Inform me what you see.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
There are two files; one is called DCIM and below that is MISC.

DCIM contains your pictures. You can contain DCIM folder by selecting it and then pressing CTRL + C (Alternatively you can right click on it an press Copy).

To copy the DCIM folder to your desktop, you can open the desktop and press CTRL + V to paste the DCIM folder on your desktop. Open DCIM to locate your pictures.
Now you can move DCIM to any place of your liking on your computer the same way as you did to copy from card to desktop.

If have any questions, contact me.

Best Regards
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I did as you suggested but when I got to the Desktop the paste action stopped halfway and a drop down card came which stated;
Error OX800703EE.
My camera flash card is still in the computer.
How can I tell if it is being uploaded to the computer?
First of all, open your DCIM folder on the card to see if you can see the pictures there.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, I can see the pictures!

Now, click on a single picture, then right click on it and select Copy. Now paste it on the desktop by right clicking on an empty area on desktop and selecting Paste from the menu that appears. Can you see the picture placed on the desktop now?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, I can see the picture which is now copied to the desktop.

It means that you have uploaded one picture into your computer. Now try to copy DCIM folder again and Paste on the desktop. Make sure the camera is still while the DCIM get copied to the desktop.

Regards
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I take it you mean,"Make sure the camera card is still in the slot while the DCIM gets copied to the desk top."
Following your instructions I find that there are now three copies of one photo on the desktop.
If this means that the pictures are successfully being up loaded to the computer then I'm satisfied with the process.
Do you think I have enough information?

Yes, its absolutely necessary that the card is still in the slot while the files are being copied. So now that you know how to copy the photos, that means you have successfully uploaded the picture into your computer and you can do whatever you like with it on your computer.

Regards