mcsecpearson
mcsecpearson, Senior Enterprise Architect
Experience:  I have over (15) fifteen years experience in the IT realm.
33471401

I receive error message Ox800CCC90 and Ox800CCC92 when I log

Customer Question

I receive error message Ox800CCC90 and Ox800CCC92 when I log on to outlook express. I am running XP
Category: Computer
Expert:  mcsecpearson replied 4 years ago.
hello,
Please refer to the following troubleshooting guide to correct this issue

http://www.zolved.com/synapse/view_content/20296/Troubleshooting_Outlook_Express_Error_0x800ccc90

Troubleshooting Outlook Express Error 0x800ccc90

Error Code: 0x800ccc90

This article explains how to handle error code 0x800ccc90

Symptom:

When you try to check your email, you get the following error message:

There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your User Name was rejected. Account: 'pop3.example.com', Server: 'pop3.example.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90.

Cause:

• Incorrect Email settings.
  • Incorrect scan settings on anti-virus software (if any).
  • Corrupted account settings.

Solution:

1. Check your Outlook Express settings.
  2. Repair and Recover Outlook Express.

Important: If you have an anti-virus program installed on your computer and if you have set the anti-virus program to scan all emails automatically, then you need to change the settings in the anti-virus program to resolve this issue. To do that, you might need to turn off the option where it says "scan your email" or something like that. Refer your anti-virus manual for instructions.

Why am I not able to retrieve my emails any longer?

Inability to retrieve your mails could be due to some problems with settings. Read this article to know how to resolve the issue.

If you have problems retrieving email then, you can try a couple of things to fix this problem.

1. Uncheck all the current settings you have (ex:-pop3 server settings, ssl settings etc.,)
  2. Close your Outlook.
  3. Reopen Outlook and turn all the settings back on.
The above steps refreshes your email settings. These steps should ideally take care of the problem.

If these don't then, here's how to ensure you have proper email settings.
    1. From your Outlook tool bar, click Tools -> Accounts.

1. Click on the email account you have issue with.
  2. Click Properties.

3. Check:
    • Incoming pop3 server name. (also check whether your email can be used under IMAP server and select the option appropriately)
    • outgoing smtp server name.
    • Log On using secure password XXXXX is unchecked.
    • Account requires authentication is checked.

• Incoming pop3 server Port address.
    • Outgoing smtp server Port address.

If you have no luck with the above steps then, delete the email account and profile and set it up again:

If you are not sure about how to set up an email account for Outlook, click here for the Setup guide.

Important: If your Outlook shows up some error message as shown below, click here to see the error list so that you can fix the problem accordingly

A corrupted Outlook Express! I need to repair and restore it...

FROM:
http://www.zolved.com/synapse/view_content/19452

How do I repair and recover Outlook Express?

It is really hard to pin point one particular cause for Outlook to get corrupted. There can be several reasons. This article will help you repair and recover Outlook Express.

If you have any of these problems:
  • Improper shutdown
  • Intrusion of anti-virus software due to improper configuration
  • Corruption due to Virus or Malware, etc.,
Here's what can you do to fix it:
  • Scan your computer for any viruses or spyware.
  • Restart your PC. Most of the time, this takes care of all the problems that were caused due to improper shutdown of outlook or any other problem.
  • Close all other programs and only open Outlook.

• Do a disk clean up to delete all the files, here's how you do it:

• From your task pane Click Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools.
    • Select Disk Clean-up.
    • Select your C: drive and clean it up.
  • Create a new identity on Outlook, if the previous steps failed to work (By doing this, you would be able to start outlook with default settings. Good way to avoid damaged or corrupted files)

• Export all your email's into a file so that you can import it into a new identity.
      • From the outlook task pane, click Tools -> Accounts.

• Click on Mail tab.
        • Select the account and click Export.

• Key in the file name and select the path where the file needs to be stored.

• Repeat the above 3 steps if you have more than one account. (Ensure that you select different file names for each account)
        • After you export all the accounts, click Close

• From the tool bar, click File -> Identities.
          • Click Add New Identity.

• Type a name for a new identity. Click OK.

• Confirm "Yes" to switch to the new identity.

• Click Cancel to close the New Account Wizard as we have already have the account settings imported to a file earlier.

• Now, click Tools -> Accounts from the Outlook tool bar.

• Click on Import. (If you have imported more than one file earlier, repeat this step until you import all the files)

• After you do the above step, click on File -> Import -> Messages.

• Select Microsoft Outlook Express 6 from the list of programs, click Next.

• Select the name of identity to import, click OK.

• Reinstall Outlook Express. Here's how you do it:

• Go to Start -> Run.

• Type "%systemroot%\inf" as shown below:
          • Clicking OK would open the INF folder.

• Locate the file "MSOE50.inf".

• Right-click on the file and click Install. (This will reinstall the files that Outlook Express needs to proceed normally.)

Important
          : It will ask you to put your windows XP cd in the drive
Experience: I have over (15) fifteen years experience in the IT realm.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I followed the instructions but I continue to get same message.

Expert:  Ryan B. replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer~!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would like to assist you with your question.

When did you start getting these errors?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
at start up to outlook express
Expert:  Ryan B. replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the reply, on what day did this started happening?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It has happened off and on for 6 months. However, since about 3 weeks ago it has happened everytime I try to get mail. Just to clarify the problem only happens on my wife's account not mine. thanks
Expert:  Ryan B. replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the reply. 6 months is quite awhile, unfortunately i'm going to have to opt-out and open your question to the other experts.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: expert opted out on my problem. can anyone help me ?????????.
expert opted out on my problem. can anyone help me ?????????
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I get the following message when I try to get email " Outlook Express Error 0x800ccc90 and Error Code: 0x800ccc92

Expert:  Ryan B. replied 4 years ago.
What kind of antivirus software do you have?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
avg
Expert:  Ryan B. replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the reply, you may be getting these errors because of AVG's incoming and outgoing mail scanning feature.

Please do the following to disable this feature as your ISP should have a virus scanner that scans all incoming email before going to your mailbox anyway.

In the bottom, right-hand corner of your Desktop is the System Tray and, within it, the AVG Antivirus icon.

Right click the AVG Antivirus icon and select Launch AVG Control Center from the menu.

The Control Center window appears.

On the left, highlight E-mail Scanner.

Toward the bottom, right-hand corner of the window, click the Properties button.

The E-mail Scanner window appears.

Select the Plugins tab.

Toward the bottom, right-hand corner of the screen, click the Disable plugin button.

Click the OK button to close the window.

The E-mail Scanner has now been disabled.

Close the window.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I tried your fix and it did not work. I still get the same message. By the way, when answering your question about my antivirus software I was not complete in my answer. I have AVG 9. Does this change your advice?

Expert:  Ryan B. replied 4 years ago.
This doesn't change my advice, this could still be an issue caused by AVG, they have a way of routing their email through a proxy now that is red flagged and causes errors. Could you please disable/exit/close AVG for me and then try your email again?

Use the following instructions to disable AVG antivirus Resident Shield.

Double click to AVG icon on your desktop and you will see AVG antivirus control center as shown below.
avg_antivirus

Click to Resident Shield and you will see Resident Shield window similar to the one below.
avg_antivirus_resident_shield

Uncheck Resident Shield Active box. Click Save Changes.

Note: You can re-enable Resident Shield using the same steps, but this time place a check to the Resident Shield Active box in Resident Shield component settings.

PLEASE TEST THE SOLUTION BEFORE ACCEPTING MY ANSWER. IF AFTER ACCEPTING YOU ARE UNHAPPY WITH RESULTS PLEASE ASK FOR MORE HELP. PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
need more help
Expert:  Ryan B. replied 4 years ago.
Did the last solution of turning the firewall off not work either?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
it did not
Expert:  Ryan B. replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the reply, unfortunately i'm gong to have to remain opt-out as i'm out of ideas.

Another expert should be with you shortly.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thanks.
Expert:  Ryan B. replied 4 years ago.
your welcome