Ryan B.
Ryan B., Support Specialist
Experience:  Comptia A+ Certified Technician , with 8+ years Experience
16548393

I accidentally clicked the spam button while an important mail

Customer Question

I accidentally clicked the spam button while an important mail was checked. Now I lost the mail. I need to get that mail back and I do not want to include that address as a spam. Can you help me please?
Category: Computer
Expert:  namstech replied 4 years ago.

Welcome to JA expert services:

When you clicked “Spam,” the message went into your Spam folder. If you have done this in last 24 hours and have not yet emptied the spam folder, you can do the following to recover your email.

1.Open the Spam folder by clicking it in the folder list on the left of the page
2.Click the message that you marked spam by mistake.
3.Click the “Not Spam” button along the top of the window.

Hope you get your email back.

Best of luck
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The mail did not go to Spam folder. I have gone through the spam folder. It's not there. What do you think I can do next?
Expert:  namstech replied 4 years ago.

If you remember the subject or senders name that appeared on the mail, you can try mail search option.

Regards
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I did. I tried mail search option. It did not work
Expert:  Smile replied 4 years ago.
Greetings,
Thank you for asking us. I will be happy to fix your problem ASAP

If you have already tried the search option, then it will be never possible to recover that mail. Still you can do to that spam setting and unblock that email address so that next time you can get the emails from that sender.

Please press ACCEPT to pay me for my time and work. Your question will still be open for further assistance by the expert.

Positive feedback and Bonus are highly appreciated.

Thanks for your time
Smile
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I do not know how to unblock an address. I have tried to unblock it by going to Option button, then I clicked the spam button. The email address that I accidentally added as spam was not listed. Infact, no email address was listed.
Expert:  Smile replied 4 years ago.
which email accout you are using? please tell me your email address after @ sign.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
@yahoo.com
Expert:  Smile replied 4 years ago.
Go to "Options" It is above your email
Click on "Mail Options"
Click on "Blocked Addresses"
Click on the Address you want to remove block
Click on "Remove Block"
This should remove the block and allow it to start coming into your inbox. Hope this helps!

Thanks for your time
Smile
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

When I clicked on Options, the following menu showed up:

colors

Show

--------------------

More Options...

Add Application

-------------------

Mail Plus

Mail Classic

There is no such thing as Blocked Addresses

Expert:  Smile replied 4 years ago.
Go to more optons. and check there.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I did. It's not there. Do you have the same screen as I have?

Expert:  Smile replied 4 years ago.
Here is the screen shots for that.
  1. Click the Options menu, then select More Options.

Select More Options from the Options menu.

2. In the Mail Options page, click the Spam option on the left side of the page.

Select the Spam option.

Or you can try here.
http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/abuse/abuse-09.html;_ylt=ApTSfPMOZtKVAidczT3PFx15zyN4

Good Luck

Thanks for your time
Smile
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It did not work. Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Smile replied 4 years ago.
What problem you are facing now?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have to go to work. Talk to you in the evening
Expert:  Smile replied 4 years ago.
ok.
Thanks

Thanks for your time
Smile
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for all your help, Smile.

Expert:  Smile replied 4 years ago.
If the problem not solved let me know. so that we can proceed further.
Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The problem has not been solved yet, Smile. It looks to me that when a mail is highlighted and the SPAM button is clicked, the mail goes into immediate oblivion. No track. And the email address from where the mail is originated is not logged by Yahoo in the Spam list.

That it means is that clicking the SPAM button on any email is a one-way ticket: the email where the source originated will never be able to send you emails anymore. So far, we have not been able to figure a way to give a return ticket to this process. Any idea yet?

Expert:  Smile replied 4 years ago.
I want you to take help from any technical friend of yours on this with my solution.

That should help you.

Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'm not sure this solves my problem. Is it fair for you to be paid while my problem has not been solved. You've pushed the problem back to me and you want to be paid. Huh??
Expert:  Smile replied 4 years ago.
I am running out of more ideas, I opt out so that other expert can help you.
Thanks
Expert:  Ryan B. replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer~!

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would like to assist you with your question.

Since the email address that that particular email came from isn't in the block senders list I really don't think that all future emails from that email address will be blocked or just disappear into oblivion. Unfortunately that email if it was permanently deleted though isn't recoverable without contacting yahoo support. If that was an important email though i'm guessing you know who the sender is. What you can do is contact the sender and have them re-send/re-forward the email back to you and it should come back into your inbox again where you can read it. If by chance it does go into your spam folder now though because it was marked as spam then you should now be able to select the email and click on "not spam". This seems like the only possible solution at this point.

Thanks,
Ryan B.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX email came from a government organization so it can't be resent. To find a solution to the problem, I carried out an additional experiment. I have two email addresses: yahoo and netzero. I sent an email from the netzero to yahoo. The email came through. In the yahoo inbox, I marked the netzero email as spam. I did this deliberately. The email disappeared. I checked it in the spam folder. It was not there. I went to the Option -> More Options... -> Spam menu path. I did not see my netzero address (or any other address that I had marked as spam including the email from the US govt) in the list of blocked emails.

I have sent several emails from my netzero account to the yahoo account. None of them ever made it again. I had even included the netzero email address into my yahoo contacts. Yet, no email from netzero ever shows up in yahoo: (Inbox or Spam folder). Like I said, yahoo seems to delete the emails into oblivion.

Seems to me that Yahoo has a bug in spam management. You can independently carry out a similar experiment like the one I have just done. Marking an email as spam seems to issue a one way ticket to Planet Oblivion. The system will not let you change your mind. What do you think?

Expert:  Ryan B. replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the quick reply. Their seems to be a bug with your account. I did go into my yahoo account and took a spam message that made it past the filter into my inbox and I selected it and marked it as spam and it went straight to the spam filter and didn't delete permanently. I think in this case you will need to contact yahoo customer care directly from the link below explaining the issue so they can get your account looked at.

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/classic/help_f.html;_ylt=AraDMpyzR7KbDk0ppw0KV5U8wCV4?from_url=http%3A%2F%2Fhelp.yahoo.com%2Fl%2Fus%2Fyahoo%2Fmail%2Fclassic%2F&last_url=http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/classic/index.html