Nirjhar18
Nirjhar18, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Btech
29302236

I am trying to uninstall a program (RegWork) and I cannot uninstall

Customer Question

I am trying to uninstall a program (RegWork) and I cannot uninstall it. A message says that I do not have permission to do that. What do I need yto do to uninstall the program?
Bill
Category: Computer
Expert:  S. Philips replied 4 years ago.

what version of Windows are you using? Are you sure you clicked on Programs and then Regwork, or did you click at any "uninstall Regwork" icon? Did any popup windows come up when you tried to uninstall?

The message may indicate that your account has not enough permissions to perform tasks such as uninstalling applications. If that is the case, I can use the information I requested above to help you with that.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have Vista Home Basic 32 bit. I I did click on Programs and then RegWork. The message you mention re; permissions did come up.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Cannot find "Accept" to click
You don't need to click "accept" yet, since your problem has not been solved yet. That's why I posted an "info request" and not an "answer". So you went to start-programs-regwork. I am afraid this is not normal procedure, since this procedure is actually used to run the program and not uninstall it.

What do you do to actually run the program then? Do you click on something else?

In any case, try right-clicking on regworks and select "run as administrator". The computer will ask for your permission and may ask you for a user name and password. (If it does, these will be the credentials for the local administrator account, which you should have handy). If it does not ask for a password, simply click on "yes". See what happens.

Again, I'm posting and information request and not an answer. I don't want you to pay without having your problem solved :) When I'm sure that I can provide a way to solve your problem, I'll post an "answer" that will have an accept button for you to click .
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No, went to Control Panel, then Programs. Then clicked on RegWorks.
Have tried right clicking on RegWorks and I get the uninstall,repair change window. Reworks was deleted from them Programs list, earlier.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Have restored Regwork from Recycle program.
Ok, now I understand that you have indeed followed the standard procedure. But I guess the problem remains, you try to uninstall regworks through control panel and you get this permissions error. Correct?

From what I read in forums and several posts around, Regworks causes significant trouble, especially when you try to uninstall it.

The only viable solution I can see is that you perform a System Restore to an earlier point in time, before you installed Regworks. That means that you may lose other information, though.

Another proposed solution I found in one of several forums I searched is the following:

Go to the "c" drive and go to program files. Then go to the folder "Registry Cleaner Trial". Click on unistall. Then a thing will pop up saying that they'll give you free 5 dollar coupon for registry cleaner click no. Then go out of the folder and delete "Registry Cleaner Trail" (make sure its not running). Then go back to control panel and go to the add/remove section. Click on change/remove registry cleaner and it will say its already been uninstalled and says would u like to remove it and click yes.

I'd suggest you tried to do this first and if it doesn't succeed, system restore is a one-way road.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Followed your instructions to the letter. There is no folder "Registry Cleaner Trial" nor any folder that indicated the folder.
Have to leave for the evening. Will check E-Mail in the morning.
I apologise, I double checked and the post concerned a similar application wrongly categorized in search results as belonging to RegWorks. I should have double-checked before I posted.

Unfortunately, I'm out of suggestions. I'll opt out and open this question to other experts who may be able to help you further. I am really sorry I am not able to help you more with this problem. I wish you good luck and I hope you find a solution to your problem fast.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you. Bye
Expert:  Nirjhar18 replied 4 years ago.
Sir,download this and install this on computer and open this on your pc after installing it and check if you found anything related to reg works there
if yes,then just uninstall it or remove it from there

Revo Uninstaller - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com
Nirjhar18, Computer Enthusiast
Experience: Btech
Expert:  Nirjhar18 replied 4 years ago.
So its done now
that is great
i appreciate a positive feedback with bonus
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The program is gone . Took about 10 minutes. Really appreciate your expertise and prompt reply to my problem.
Thank you.
Expert:  Nirjhar18 replied 4 years ago.
it was my pleasure