Ryan H., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  A+ Certified Technician - 10 Years experience working with all types of computer systems.
20388524

how to transfer photos to usb memory stick/ windows 7

how to transfer photos to usb memory stick/ windows 7    Iwant to do this in order to back up my photos.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Ryan H. replied 6 years ago.
Hi there,

You simply need to plug the usb memory stick in, then open My computer and browse to the photographs you would like to have backed up and select them and right click and choose "Copy". Then you can navigate to your usb memory stick inside My Computer and paste them onto the usb drive...that is a backup.

Does that make sense?

Edited by Ryan H on 4/18/2010 at 5:50 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have managed to transfer individual photo files following your instructions, but am unable to transfer complete files in one go. Is this possible?
Expert:  Ryan H. replied 6 years ago.
Yes, you can click on the first photo, then press and hold the SHIFT key, then press the down/up arrow to select more photographs and then right click to copy the group.