mary
mary, Consultant
Experience:  MCA (Masters in Computer Application

How do I repair the wireless signal on my hp laptop -- downloading

How do I repair the wireless signal on my hp laptop -- downloading the BIOS did nto repair it.
Category: Computer
Expert:  mary replied 4 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

What is the model number of the hp computer
-What operating system are you using?
-What internet browser are you using?
-What have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hp2000 dv2416 -- unfortunately, HP will not honor its extended limited warranty. Wireless was working fine, until FRIday. Using Internet explorer. Downloaded updated BIOS. Cannot see wireless connxn. Get message that there is not wireless adapter. wireless switch is permanently red rather than blue. Does not "see" wireless network which is 2wire. Cannot seem to be able to see it with wireless assistant.

Expert:  mary replied 4 years ago.

you can run system restore which will bring the computer back to an earlier time lets say few days back with the help of selecting the date in the calender in the system restore tool. We can run the bios update later as its gets the service back online wirelessly.

To go into system restore tool click on start select accessories and the system tools and then system restore.

Select restore my computer to an earlier time and click the date in the calender box once highlighted hit next and wait till the process completes once completed it will restart the system automatically and will give you a message your computer was restored successfully in case it says not restored then you can select another Bold date i mean a previous date to retry again.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Already attempted system restore. Did not restore the wireless connxn.
Expert:  mary replied 4 years ago.

Follow the router's manual to set up the router and its Internet connection, which will probably require connecting a wired client to the router. Once the wireless router is set up, the wired connection is no longer necessary. However, it's best to leave the wired client connected if it's a separate computer from that on which you're going to set up WiFi. If something goes wrong, you can access the administration interface again.

Gather information from the setup process. In order to set up the wireless client, you will need to know the service set identifier (SSID), the Wireless Encryption Protocol (WEP) key and the channel and mode.

Boot up the laptop and plug in the WiFi card. This will not be necessary if your laptop has an integrated WiFi card.

Install any drivers needed to use the WiFi card. Insert the disc that came with the WiFi card and follow the on-screen installation process. Most discs will trigger a new hardware wizard that makes installation extremely simple.

Double-click on the WiFi Connection icon. It can be found in the system tray at the bottom of the laptop screen.

Click on properties.

Select the Wireless Networks tab.

Use the Add button at the bottom of the dialog if your WiFi network isn't in the Available Networks section.

Click on Configure when you see your network's SSID in the "Available Networks.

Enter your network's SSID and WEP key.

Click on Start, then choose Connect To and Wireless Network Connection. Your computer should now be able to access the WiFi network. If the WiFi network is connected to the Internet, it should also be able to connect to the Internet.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It DOES NOT SHOW my wireless network's SSID in Available networks. WHen I try to find it the message is THERE IS NO WIRELESS NETWORK ADAPTER or DRIVER MISSING. When I RELOAD THE DRIVER, there is NO RESPONSE. The WIRELESS SWITCH is TURNED ON BUT INDICATES OFF. IT HAS A BUILT IN ADAPTER which worked until last Thurs.
Expert:  mary replied 4 years ago.

Check the hardware reseat the wireless card and then check if its detected by the device manager.

it is located in the memory bay

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

As far as I can tell, it is inserted properly. Still does not recognize it.

Expert:  mary replied 4 years ago.

download and install the chipset driver from the hp website still if you find an issue then it has to be the network wireless card failure which might need a replacement.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=3446948&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us&submit=Go%20»

mary, Consultant
Experience: MCA (Masters in Computer Application