Computer2010
Computer2010, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Graduation in computer and having 3 year experience

my fan motor is making a loud buzzing noise, Inspiron 640m

my fan motor is making a loud buzzing noise, Inspiron 640m purchased online 3 yrs ago where can I get it repaired? I am in the Canyon Lake area Leroy Rudd
Category: Computer
Expert:  Computer2010 replied 4 years ago.

hello,

thanks for asking your problem on justanswer.com

are you talking about the noise of your laptop fan.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, the laptop fan is making the noise

ok,

the software fix for your problem is as below

• Step 1

Download and install a computer fan-control program like SpeedFan on your laptop. you acn downloa dit from this link http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

• Many of these kinds of programs can be found all over the Internet. If you have any problems installing the software, consult the documentation included with it.

• Step 2

Open the program and navigate to your main CPU fan. This is usually the fan that makes the most noise. Right-click on the fan and go to the controller settings. In this menu, you can control limits for this fan.

• Step 3

Turn down the speed limits on the CPU fan to keep it from being so loud. Keep in mind that, if you have cooling problems with your laptop, this is probably not the best idea.

the hardware fix for your problem is as below

• Step 1

Purchase an ultra-quiet CPU fan that is compatible with your laptop.

• Step 2

Open your laptop case. This is usually done by removing the battery and unscrewing the mounting screws underneath your computer. Keep in mind that all laptop computers open differently, so it's wise to consult your computer's manual before completing this step.

• Step 3

Once the case is open, unscrew the mounting bolts on your current CPU fan. Do this carefully, as you do not want to strip the post holes.

• Step 4

Remove the fan and unclip the power cord from it.

• Step 5

Place the new CPU fan on the mounting brackets and secure it with the screws you previously removed.

• Customer: replied 4 years ago.
    I am not capable of making repairs, as stated, I need a qualified repair source for my computer in North San Antonio or South Austin

ok, please try this

1- disassemble the entire laptop and clean out all the dust and dirt from the air vents.

and/or

2- get a cooling pad.

Experience: Graduation in computer and having 3 year experience