Anthony Brewster
Anthony Brewster, Consultant
Experience:  MICROSOFT PC SAFETY, WINDOWS LIVE ONECARE, WINDOWS GENUINE, & I.T. SPECIALIST
16299369

how to fix Nvidia boot agent 253.0543 On a Dell 1340 XP st

how to fix Nvidia boot agent(NNN) NNN-NNNNOn a Dell 1340 XP studio
Category: Computer
Expert:  Anthony Brewster replied 4 years ago.
Hello, are you saying that when you turn on the computer it does not boot up to the desktop anymore?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes but its a laptop
Thanks! Lets try to Repair It..

1) Turn on the computer

2) Start tapping/pressing F8 until you see Advanced Options Menu

3) Select Repair Your Computer and press enter

4) Click Next

5) Click Startup Repair

6) Restart your computer when complete to see if that fixed it.

Windows Vista/7 Startup Repair (GUIDE)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial148.html

If that did not work, try a system restore.

1) Turn on the computer

4) Click Next

5) Click System Restore

Windows Vista/7 System Restore (GUIDE)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial142.html

BEST OF LUCK!
GOD BLESS!

:)

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have no OS All I get when I try To boot is Nvidia boot agent(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

PXE-E61 :Media test failure ,ck cable

PXE-MOF: Exiting Nvidia Boot Agent

Thanks! Then im afraid you will have to re-install windows....

(Dell Windows Vista Recovery from Factory image)

1) Start the computer.

2) As the computer starts, press the F8 key until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears on the screen.

3) Press the (Down Arrow) to select Repair Your Computer on the Advanced Boot Options menu, and then press Enter.

4) Specify the language settings that you want, and then click Next.

5) Log in as a user who has administrative credentials, and then click OK.

6) Click Dell Factory Image Restore.

7) In the Dell Factory Image Restore window, click Next.

8) Click to select the check box for Yes, reformat hard drive and restore system software to factory condition.

9) Click Next. The computer is restored to the default factory configuration.

10) When the restore operation is completed, click Finish to restart the computer.

If this is not working, you will need the Dell Vista Re-Installation DVD. If you do not have it, call dell or order it online as its FREE and FREE shipping by FedEx.

Dell: 1-800-999-3355

OR

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dellcare/en/backupcd_form

NOTE: You will need your Dell Disc to re-install windows if the first option does not work.

1) Turn on the computer

2) Start tapping/pressing F12 to get Boot Menu Options

3) Insert Dell Vista Disc

4) Select DVD/CD-ROM and press enter

5) Press any key to start the installation

BEST OF LUCK!
GOD BLESS!

:)

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have the install dvd from dell I ve Done All The Above the computer still will not

Boot for me reformat or install the OS

Go into your BIOS using F2 and make sure it sees and detects the hard drive.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes HDD is under the ATAPI CD-ROM

Thanks! Run the Dell Diagnostics Tool to see if anything fails....

1) Turn on the computer

3) Select Diagnosts Tool and press enter

4) Run Full Test

Try to boot from the Hard Drive first under the Boot Order/Sequence in the BIOS and make sure you change/save the settings before boot. Then run the diagnostcs tool if it still does not work.

Good Luck!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Test comp with one error code grahice test timeout keyboard response 2000-0333

I download the Dell error codes from this site http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/suppor t/dsn/en/document?c=us&cs=RC959303&l=en&s=gen&docid=14B3819735D6B40EE0401E0A55177ED2&journalid=484F498C6846535AE040A68F27281EC9&Query=&SystemID=&ServiceTag=&contenttype=-1&os=-1&component=-1&lang=-1&doclang=en&toggle=false#1

It has 2000-0333 as Graphic card test timed out waiting for keyboard input. Meaning you didn't complete the Dell testing.

Anyways thats ok.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Go into the BIOS and change the BOOT Sequence/Order to...

1) DVD/CD-ROM Drive

2) Hard Drive

Save/Exit. After you do this, make sure your Dell Vista DVD is in the drive and try to boot from it. If it still does not boot from the DVD, try the F12 again to get it from the DVD Boot.

Let me know if it tries to but then doesnt....

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It did not work I got the code about 50 min before the test stop

I need more info as far as doing the Recovery. Im starting to think maybe your dvd/cd-rom is having problems and have read this to be an issue on the forums...

With or Without a hard drive, you should still be able to load the Operating System from the disc but of course when it comes to the partition part, you should be forced to cancel/quit if the hard drive wasnt showing up.

In your case, you cant even boot the DVD. Im going to suggest you replace the DVD/CD-ROM Drive and then boot from the Vista DVD to install it back on there.

GOOD LUCK!

Anthony Brewster, Consultant
Experience: MICROSOFT PC SAFETY, WINDOWS LIVE ONECARE, WINDOWS GENUINE, & I.T. SPECIALIST