Joseph
Joseph, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Certification in SAP and more than 3 years of experience in Software engineering.
27113160

I am getting a Server Error 421 when I try to send emails with

I am getting a Server Error 421 when I try to send emails with Windows Live Mail...is there an easy way of correcting [email protected] Thank you.
Do you have any antivirus installed on your computer?
Like McAfee?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

yes...avast antivirus

421 RP-001The mail server IP connecting to Windows Live Hotmail server has exceeded the rate limit allowed. Reason for rate limitation is related to IP/domain reputation. If you are not an e-mail/network admin please contact your E-mail/Internet Service Provider for help.
421 RP-002The mail server IP connecting to Windows Live Hotmail server has exceeded the rate limit allowed on this connection. Reason for rate limitation is related to IP/domain reputation. If you are not an e-mail/network admin please contact your E-mail/Internet Service Provider for help.
421 RP-003The mail server IP connecting to Windows Live Hotmail server has exceeded the connection limit allowed. Reason for limitation is related to IP/domain reputation. If you are not an e-mail/network admin please contact your E-mail/Internet Service Provider for help.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I cannot see how this can be the case...I can send emails directly from Eircom site...it is just widows live that seems to be the problem...I do not send many emails so I do not understand how I could exceed the rate limit...
Try changing the settings,

• POP server: pop3.live.com (Port 995)
  • POP SSL required? Yes
  • User name: Your Windows Live ID, for [email protected]
  • Password: The password XXXXX usually use to sign in to Hotmail or Windows Live
  • SMTP server: smtp.live.com (Port 25) {Note: If port 25 has been blocked in your network or by your ISP, you can set SMTP port to 587 with TLS or SSL Encryption depending on the client in use}
  • Authentication required? Yes (this matches your POP username and password)
  • TLS/SSL required? Yes

Thanks.
________________________________________________________________________
If it didnt work let me know.
If my answer was helpful press ACCEPT and leave a POSITIVE feedback.